Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electricity deals

• 21-02-2022 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

We,re shopping around here for electricity provider..its a minefield,..rebates, cashback, lockins, minimum terms, . We have nightsaver, currently being robbed by panda…electric ireland ,seem, to have best deal at present, anybody know different? Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭kk.man

Changed to Electric Ireland since December...some diffence despite my last supplier came back to me twice with offers up ed each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Changed to electric Ireland, was with glowpower but they put their prices up alot during the year of the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭kk.man

Same happened me with my previous supplier. They gave me a better deal than electric Ireland in the end but I said to them at the end of the contract I will be worse off, they didn't argue the point and we parted company. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Check bonkers.ie and put in your details and you will be able to compare plans. Only sign up for a 12 month contract as they only seem interested in new customers and not existing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Great stuff, thanks all…as an aside, anyone with ifa bord gais supplier? …i like the idea of someone actually answering the phone if there’s a problem. Ifa are good in that regard,

• Advertisement

Just ring and ask for sales, it usually gets someone on the phone quick. As for electric ireland, they have a webchat function on their website and it will get through to someone quicker than calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭enricoh

With panda power n got a phone call today for renewal at 2.30 to say prices are going up after today n I can lock in today at the lower price today only.

70c standing charge n 29.5c a KW is what I'm on n going up a cent today on a business plan. Seems high to me. Submitted with bonkers n they'll get back to me Monday.

Don't like getting phone calls last minute with a gun to your head to sign up on the spot. Usually means I'm not getting a good deal!

29c/kw is high, should be able to get it at around 18/19c per kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭enricoh

Got this back from bonkers, someone may shoot Putin pronto!-

Please note that due to ongoing significant volatility in the wholesale markets all providers have taken the decision to suspend the selling of contracts with immediate effect until further notice. 

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nklc

Don’t know how you can lock in your electric price, as far as I know, you’re only able to get a percentage discount on the price of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Fwiw I went with electric Ireland in the end…be interesting to see how the bills differ, ta all

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭JOL1

For anyone attracted by the Free Sat or Sunday weekender rates, please beware of small print which can have excessive usage clause which puts a limit on amount you can use e.g Bord Gais offer free Saturday or Sunday but currently limit it to 100kw per month (approx 30 or 7.50 a week). I have electric car and was attracted but its all in the small print. Where this is offered the tarriff for other days is higher too.

Advertisement