Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to return some kegs

Options
  • 10-02-2022 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I found some kegs belonging to Diageo, which I would like to return (I'm based near Tubbercurry).

I rang them a few days ago to let them know and they said that someone would be in touch but I haven't heard anything.

Would anyone have a contact in Diageo who could find out about this, or even take the kegs?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

How about asking a local pub if they could be added in to their empties?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Local pub is the only way you'll get Diageo to take them back. Find out what day deliveries are and you'd barely even need to ask them, just leave them on the street.

Reminds me, back when Kavanaghs opened as a craft beer pub(over 10 years ago) they were phoning Diageo for weeks and weeks to get the old empties lifted. Apparently the people they spoke to always said "sure we'll lift the empties when we're delivering" and couldn't comprehend that a pub may not want to stock Guinness. Kavanaghs eventually phoned up and said they were leaving the kegs out on the street and wouldn't be held responsible for what happens to them. A few homebrewers may also have been tipped off about this happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tmccar

Yes, I think I'll go with the local, thanks.

I did try bringing them to the local recycling center, but they didn't want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

They generally remain property of the brewery, so makes sense the recycling centre wouldn't take them.

I've managed to reuse some myself, for various purposes. But have had trouble getting Diageo to take back taps and other dispensing equipment in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Adverts has kegs for sale but noticed lately this user posting comments regarding the sale of items that are the proeprty of Diageo. There an email address there also if you have'nt tried it.

https://www.adverts.ie/member/2636658

Not sure how legit it is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Get someone to cut one of them down the middle - they make great BBQ's

Get the top cut of another - handy little incinerator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Local gaa club might be an option if they have a bar.

That's how I use one. To burn infected wood immediately that I prune from an apple orchard.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tmccar

Thanks - I didn't see any email address there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement