Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home charger installer recommendations

• 24-02-2022 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking to get a tethered zappi. Cable run is prob 3 or 4 metres from the board. Getting some very different prices.

Any recommendations for an installer, based in North Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I can PM you details of the crowd that installed mine?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

I'd be interested in a PM recommendation also, if you wouldn't mind, looking at options in the D15 area, so not a million miles from the OP's ask of North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Aidan No1

Also would like a PM of the details. Am getting prices at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Methinks this might need a Sticky.... the question comes up a lot. 🙂

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a bit of a shame we can't name installers in threads, but I believe it's a general boards rule to avoid it, looks like free advertising then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Can i get a PM too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

I'd love a DM too please :)

I should really start demanding some money off these guys for all the recommendations I've given them

PM's sent, best of luck with the charger installations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Is there a way we could just list the suppliers that people have used in a sticky maybe? With no commentary, other than the fact they were used, and in what area of country?

It would obviously be implicit that they are somewhat recommendable...

When I was looking around, would have loved a quick hitlist of suppliers to look for quotes from.

• Advertisement

A similar discussion came up in the Renewables section around listing installers

It's worth checking with mods, but I believe there's a general boards policy that suppliers should not be named in threads as boards.ie doesn't allowed advertising except from companies that have paid to have a presence here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fair enough. I got the names of a few off the Irish EV facebook group in the end, I'm sure others can do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Would anyone have a recommendation they could PM me in Cork please? Looking to get a charger for my 'new to me' Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭daarmcd

Would anyone have a recommendation in Westmeath please?

Looking to get a charger for Id3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Anyone got any recommendations for installers in North Dublin? What's the typical wait time? Thanks.

Advertisement