Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slice, Brooklyn or somewhere else for Pizza

• 24-02-2022 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Where is the best pizza in waterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

In my opinion Alvito across from the park is the best in Waterford ,Slice is nice but way overpriced for what you get ,and anytime i got a pizza in Brooklyn it was always creasy and thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'd say Alvito or Emilianos. Don't think I've ever had a bad pizza from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

The pizza truck in the backstrand carpark in Tramore is excellent. I like Burzza's pizzas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'd also say Alvito, although Burzza and Loko aren't too bad either. The Golden Fry isn't actually bad as far as chipper pizza goes, they have a proper wood fired oven, but it's not in the same league as Alvito etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jesus, i want pizzas now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

The Golden Fry actually use a gas oven they advertise it as wood fired but when you are in the chipper you can clearly see its gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭blue note

What about ginos? That place was part of my teen years, I used to find an excuse to go into town to go there. Great ice cream too. I still try to pop in over Christmas each year, for old times sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Gino's still has that pull for me but I'm definitely gonna give that place by the park a go having read this thread

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Tomatti ,back strand in Tramore, fabulous pizza,12 euro,gas fired real Neopolitan pizza,garlic dip is amazing,highly recommend it..order ahead through Facebook otherwise you'll have an hour wait....

Bardoe in Tramore is excellent also,wood fired oven pizza,bit smaller than Tomatti,both using homemade dough,toons bridge mozzarella,fresh basil,homemade garlic oil,e.v.o,gubben salami and premium ingredients,it really makes the difference..don't settle for shite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The standard of pizza in Waterford is abysmal but the only places who make it proper would be Emilianos, Alvito or Tomatti (food truck tramore).

Alvito probably my favourite.

Burzza meant to be nice too but I never tried so can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I had Slice a few months ago and tbh it was only average. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. The nicest pizza I had was probably from Loko.

What made Slice average. And what makes Loko above average???

Anyone gotten pizza from Espresso recently? How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The pizza I got was too burnt for my liking. The cost is a bit off putting eith the 4 euro delivery charge.

Went to Espresso on Friday night in the end. It was good to try somewhere different, but it just ended up reminding me of another reason that Alvito is so good: the portion sizes.

The pizza in Alvito is definitely bigger than most other restaurants, it must be 14 or 16" compared to the 12" you get most other places. Even the garlic bread in Alvito is huge. The garlic bread from Alvito was the same size as my pizza from Espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I thought the pizza I got in alvito was only okay in the end, looked to be about 12" but not your typical round shape which may lead you to believe it's bigger, or else maybe the just gave me a smaller one for some reason :)

Not a bad pizza, but not great I thought. Will try again at some stage and see if it's any better.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Must give Alvito a visit...

Havent got a pizza from Ginos in quite a while.Dont know if they have updated their menu-I'm not a fan of that tiny,cheap-ass pepperoni they use...my opinion they are way overpriced too!

Post edited by niallo76 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I think Gino's menu has stayed the same for the last 20 years

Must work for them that they never updated or even tweaked the menu....

• Advertisement

More nostalgic pizza-have to give it another visit soon-do remember that the garlic bread is very good in Gino's..

That's exactly why I love it. Specifically, I'd love to go there for lunch on 23rd December some year with my brother after doing all of our Christmas shopping in a couple of hours. I'd get their delicious fresh lemonade, because I'm too young to order a beer. Sadly that last part is a long way from being true. It was still very nice last time I was there though, it's not pure nostalgia. But I'm based in Dublin now and compared to some of the places I'd be familiar with up here it's just not in the same league. I'm sure there's a couple of the same standard down home.

But it's the same reason I go to thunderroad a couple of times a year with my old college friends. Their ribs'n'wings are decent in fairness, but if I had them for the first time now I wouldn't be going back. Whereas I had them for the first time around 2005 and I've been back about 40 times since. And have ordered their ribs'n'wings 39 of those times. 1 trip there was a massive disappointment.

Post edited by niallo76 on

Well that was the day I didn't order the ribs'n'wings of course. I had a steak or something and everyone else had ribs'n'wings. Usually everyone orders ribs'n'wings, so you can have 12 orders all the same. On this day there was 11 the same and 1 different. Different being a nice way of saying inferior. I haven't made that mistake since.

Advertisement