Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Farmers Inspection over phone

• 24-02-2021 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I just got a call to advise me I have yfs inspection by phone in the next few days. Any ideas what I need to know/do ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭White Clover

I just got a call to advise me I have yfs inspection by phone in the next few days. Any ideas what I need to know/do ??

Are you involved in the running of the farm daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Did you complete all the measures you committed too at the onset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Did you complete all the measures you committed too at the onset.

You don't commit to any measures except having access to the bank account (name on account) and active involvement in managing and running of the farm.

Basically what they want to establish is that you are actively farming and are not just there on paper to claim the top up payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Gman1987

I had one last week.
    1. Livestock purchase dockets and corresponding bank statement showing the money left your account
    2. Livestock sales dockets and corresponding bank statement showing the month being lodged to your account
    3. Bank statements showing SFP etc. being lodged into your account
    4. Fertiliser purchase dockets and corresponding bank statement showing the money left your account
    5. Meal purchase dockets and corresponding bank statement showing the money left your account

Probably take samples of the above from you from across the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big big loader

Yes im involved alright in the running of the farm. Had a joint herd number with the auld fella since 2017 - just changed herd number into my name fully last week.

Have a specific farm bank account - a joint account with both our names on it, all payments and cattle sales go into that - and all farm expenses go out of it. Bar maybe an odd bag of meal if the auld fella is stuck and im at work - as the auld lad isn't too handy with a bank card and will pay cash. that would be an exception rather than a norm.

Don't buy in cattle.

Hopefully should be ok so - just don't want them throwing any wild cards at me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yes im involved alright in the running of the farm. Had a joint herd number with the auld fella since 2017 - just changed herd number into my name fully last week.

Have a specific farm bank account - a joint account with both our names on it, all payments and cattle sales go into that - and all farm expenses go out of it. Bar maybe an odd bag of meal if the auld fella is stuck and im at work - as the auld lad isn't too handy with a bank card and will pay cash. that would be an exception rather than a norm.

Hopefully should be ok so - just don't want them throwing any wild cards at me !

Ah u should be fine so. They are just trying to weed out the paper young farmers. They may ask a few practical questions on what u are feeding the sheep etc to show u are participating in farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭staples7

Had the same phone call today, they must be doing the rounds. Scheduled in 15 mins for late this week. Work off farm but very involved. Any idea of level of detail they go into?

Advertisement