Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Markets in Galway county - which ones are on again? How to register as trader?

• 14-02-2022 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking into different farmers and craft markets in County Galway and am struggling to find an exhaustive list of which ones are up-and-running again and contact details of how to register as a trader?

I'd really appreciate any info that any of you might be able to give me. Thanks!

Comments

The ones I know of are

• Galway city market down by Geraghty's, think its run by the council
    • Athenry car boot sale, once every month or two, they have a Facebook page if you search for it
    • Claregalway market, used to be every Sunday if I recall, fairly big when I used to go to it. Not sure if its still going, but there's contact details here
    • Athenry have a farmers market on a Thu or Fri in the main square, again run by the council.

There are other farmers markets around in other towns too, Ballinasloe, Gort, Tuam etc, but I wouldn't have any details on them. Maybe look for facebook groups in those areas, join and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Kinvara market is every Friday from 10am-2pm.

Not in Galway but Ballyvaughan have one on Saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Gort market is on every Friday, Ardrahan every Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Clifden every Friday. Not many traders at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Has the market that used to be on Sundays in Claregalway corporate park moved to a nearby spot or is it closed completely?

• Advertisement
Advertisement