Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to France covid vaccination requirements

• 18-02-2022 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭

Going to France tomorrow and had assumed that since it’s been 7 months since my second dose my covid cert would be valid. However I’m reading on several websites that you need to have had the booster also to go to France (or else a negative test) and you need one to get their own vaccine pass. Can anyone clarify - it’s confusing the way it is written.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I was there last weekend in Paris for the rugby and had to show proof of vax i.e. a valid cert. I’ve had the booster so it was in date. It was checked for.

Bon route !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Anyone know if you need to have the booster?

it looks like o can enter France on my covid cert without booster as it’s less than 9 months, but I can’t go into any restaurants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

For entry to France you don't, once your within the 9 month period of validity your fine there.

Where you'll have issues is using it domestically, domestic use is only allowed with a booster 4 months after 2nd dose, so you could be turned away from any settings where you've to show your cert seeing as your cert is more than 4 months old

Thanks. I ended up postponing the trip, getting my booster soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blue_moon74

Is there a sworn declaration to be signed to enter France from Ireland?

• Advertisement

Did you have to sign a sworn declaration on Covid? Im seeing some details on this, so bloody confusing....damn you Covid!

I didn’t go, but I had that declaration printed and signed just in case. Not sure if it’s needed or not - but just do it just in case no harm!

I cant seem to find the damned thing......any chance you could post the link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

Just a continuation of this question please.

I want to book a holiday in France but our vaccine and covid recovery certs will be more than 6 months old when we go. Are they looking for current certs at the moment on entry to France does anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement