Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional?

• 22-02-2022 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional? 914 votes

Yes in busy Shops/public transport.
    45%
    ManachKulganc0rk3rSupercellthe corpoStarkednwirelandsuper_furryFrank Grimes[Deleted User]jonskiSteMAlunmada999ozmofjongazzerjesus_thats_grescaryixoy 416 votes
    Yes in all situations.
    9%
    mike2084a_ominousWidescreenjackofalltradesholly_johnson_Whimsical_Tow[Deleted User]magicbastarderscudzillarlistonsligeachPaz-CCFCthe-island-manbabyboomDeliriumeurokevMugsGameosullicforumdedum 87 votes
    No
    44%
    _Kaiser_embraer170ZhanekrinpitairAlekSmartCyruslee_baby_simmsgriffdaddyDeagolmobbyExplosive_CornflakepoppersjackalKiithAkrasiajam_mac_jamOwenMsamoPadraig Mor 411 votes
    Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Yes in all situations.

What is all situations? I've voted for that as i will wear one when mixing with strangers or anyone i view as high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No

Busy shops\quieter places. I didn't want to have loads of options on the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

I will wear it in busy public spaces where I think it is safer. It will be a judgment call situation by situation. Crowded Luas. Yes. Walking through a shopping center. Maybe, depends on crowds and ventilation. In a shop with just me and the assistant. No unless they are wearing one in which case I will respect their choice by wearing mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

Not for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I’ll wear mine while dining out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

No

No and I will be interested to see if '55%' of people are still wearing masks, as one poll had it.

I'm not a great believer in polls which imo are more about influencing public opinion than measuring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

No

Hard to understand the ongoing belief or confidence in them. Fairly consistent and widespread use of them, but 10000 odd cases per day doesn't scream success. I also see we are back to the "my mask protects you" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No

No, once it's no longer a legal requirement it's gone.

I'll continue to wear mine but only while robbing Banks and sticking up all night petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭dalyboy

No

No …. As Andre the giant said “people in masks can not be trusted” and I fully agree with the big fella.

I stopped wearing a mask last weekend and will only don one if requested by security or Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

How would you know if a shop assistant is wearing a mask? It seems pointless, going around and then meeting a shop assistant at the counter, see if they're wearing a mask and then put yours on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No

I take it there referring to smaller shops. Where you can see the shop assistant from the door before entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

If it makes vulnerable people comfortable, yes, I'll continue to wear a mask in certain situations. But I have very strong doubts about their efficacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

No never but I hope all vulnerable people continue to wear them N95 or whatever the latest model is

Better chance a mask mandate will never come back if the vulnerable wear theirs instead of everyone being forced to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Yes in all situations.

Probably a bigger question is will people isolate if they have symptoms or will they even test themselves to see if it’s covid. The prospect of meeting someone with covid out and about unmasked is likely to increase.

No

I've been done with all this nonsense months ago and looking forward to that rule being lifted.

Heaps of us taking vaccines we didn't need either but sure Pfizer in particular have made a tonne of money so that's all good as far as they're concerned.

Just recently a 2 billion dollar lawsuit has been taken against them for falsifying data in their trials but still loads of people drinking the Kool aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

Nope. Can't wear something I won't have next week.

Their only real benefit is to act as a placebo for those still concerned, and if anything they will only serve to drag out these unnecessary fears and social division.

Covid isn't the Black Death. It never was and with Omicron it's no more dangerous than the sniffles to the vast majority of people here. It's time to move on and get back to normality.

It's not like we don't have a lot more serious and pressing issues to deal with at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

No

No done with them a few weeks now. Its time to move on. Really is that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Public transport, busy Luas for instance, absolute breeding ground for illness. Happy wear one there. Otherwise, nah, I can usually keep my distance from any of the "sickly looking herd"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Was in London a couple of weeks ago, and somehow they managed to have it optional without people being dicks about it (I wouldn't be confident our anti-maskers will be the same tbh). I had hoped we'd be mature enough to move to people taking mitigation, such as face coverings/ remote working rather than coughing and spluttering being a martyr in the office, when people had non-covid coughs and colds, but again I wouldn't have much confidence.

As for their efficacy, well not sure they ever worn properly by a lot of people (notwithstanding face covering v proper face mask).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,288 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes in all situations.

Yes.

I have not had a cold in two years! And I already notice people not weeing masks on public transport, talking loudly openly mouthed, shouting, etc. Something that never bothered me before C19

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

No

I've picked up bugs on planes a few times, and I don't do public transport...

However, I'll take my chances with catching something and go facially naked rather than wear something that won't protect me, but sends out the "right signals".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

Anybody answering yes should have to clarify what mask they intend to wear.

Because anybody continuing to wear a **** cloth rag isn't very bright if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭Xander10

No

No. My observation on current mask wearing is , lots wearing them incorrectly . Also, see people wearing the same dirty cloth mask all year and taking the rank thing off when seated and leaving them on tables with food etc.

Wash hands etc, don't go out coughing and spluttering when you have a cold etc

Plus, we have children leaving in such sterile conditions that they have lost the ability of the immune system to build up natural resistant to some germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

YOU MUST ANSWER OUR QVESTIONZ!

Fine, FFP2/N95, like I have been for the past year (after I stepped it down from FFP3).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

No

How you considered the possibility that anxiety-soothing placebos do more psychological harm than good?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,851 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What mask will you wear? Unless you are wearing a FPP2 or similar mask, which you donned correctly, you have no protection and once the legal requirement is gone then lots of others won't be wearing a mask so your surgical or cloth mask is not going to save anyone, if you have symptoms you should be staying home not putting a mask on and going out to crowded places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I'll be wearing a special mask in the pub that has a hole for a straw

• Advertisement

No

Voted no. The main place I wanted them gone is schools. So delighted they’re gone.

In terms of the other locations, I said no too. Unfortunately the vulnerable are always going to be vulnerable. Covid won’t ever go away, so if you wear a mask now for the vulnerable, logic dictates you’ll be wearing them forever. A vulnerable person is vulnerable regardless of whether ‘de numbers’ are 1,000 or 10,000.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement