Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firestarter [Stephen King | Blumhouse]

• 21-02-2022 4:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The Stephen King redo of all his most famous works continues with Firestarter (well, 'cept The Shining cos no studio's mad enough yet to touch that); TBH I wouldn't know of it as much as King's other works so can't comment how good or bad the adaptation might be. The trailer itself looks quite PG-13, and leaning more as a superhero story (with a character saying as much in during the thing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well there was a mini series remake of The Shining that King himself wrote the screen play for as he didn't like the movie version.

Blumhouse is the ideal company to turn King's into films and mini series I would say myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh, I intentionally pretended that mini-series didn't exist 🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer kinda feels like an X-Men Origins story

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It really does, and I doubt it was an accident either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I recall the book being a decent read, mainly because the pyrokinesis wasn't treated like a kewl superpower but an extremely dangerous and barely controlled power source regulated by a young adolescent's mood. As I recall several characters, to a greater or lesser extent, grapple with the ethical quandary of whether it might be safer for the rest of the world to have her imprisoned or killed.

That trailer, and particularly the pointless line about superheroes, suggests a very boring and facile treatment, which is a shame as the book could easily be turned instead into something tonally distinct, like e.g. Chronicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

An addition to the Chronicle universe would be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zac Efron a father

Advertisement