Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do airlines limit the number of searches you can do in a timeframe and why?

• 20-02-2022 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

For the past few minutes I have been playing city roulette searching flights to cities I’ve never been to.

After about 10 cities I got this message.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Its probably just the website/apps security features kicking in to prevent what it that’s may be an attempt at a DDOS attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Clear cookies.

It's also worth getting a VPN when booking travel to some countries, especially poorer ones. Sometime you get a cheaper rate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They assume a single source doing a huge number of searches is a screenscraper.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Green Finers

On the return leg, the outbound or both?

Would the price of a good VPN of outweigh any potential saving on a single flight and only be useful for very regular fliers?

Advertisement