Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAAGO

Options
  • 09-02-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

I just purchased a years pass to GAAGO this week just want to trail it for a year to see will I get the use for it . Am resident in ireland so it’s a vpn job for me on iOS anyway and seems working normally on Android box without vpn . Interested to hear from anybody who has the service or used to have it ? What are your experiences ? €119 a year season pass . Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It had done teething issues at the beginning, but in the last few years I’ve found it to be very good.

Very wide selection of matches too, basically all year round now.

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to buy it , if you’re resident in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭decies

Am weird like that I know 😂

the on demand thing is a useful feature though .

Post edited by decies on

One person uses it 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Majority of stuff on GAAGO will be on demand free of charge on RTE Player or TG4 player in Ireland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I’m of the belief that ALL competitive Intercounty Games should be recorded fully by the GAA and made available to all teams (not only both teams involved in the match).

1) Provides accountability for all events that happen in a match

2) Provides a facility to teams that don’t have the capacity to do so (record the matches etc)

3) Leads to better potential analysis overall of the sport, with teams now having access to all games etc

Not saying all games should definitely be made public (although I don’t see why they can’t be), but 70 minutes of every match should have footage

I see Connacht GAA offering individual match analysis ad-hoc to their Intercounty teams (at a charge obviously) provided that the team sends them in their footage etc. It’s so archaic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

What would people pay for a live and on demand service for all league and championship games as defined by Callaway? Division 4 (or 3 or 2!) might be one camera at the ground but ive seen enough matches streamed by clubs themselves on their facebook pages which had perfect camera set up and commentary so one camera can do it. I know getting that streamed to a wider audience of thousands is slightly more tricky. Id happily pay 70 euro a season for such a pass. Think loads of gaels around the country would as well.

Ya it's putting a value on it is the thing. I thought the way that Connacht GAA did the Connacht Hurling pre-season (in the dome) streaming was unfair. Tickets were so limited due to a tiny capacity being available at the time.

Stream (live) cost €10 and you had access for 24 hours from purchase. After that your access to the video was gone. Again, fairly unreasonable I thought and even at that, €10 was pricey in itself.

One persons' €100 season pass for all Division 1 games might be another persons' €50 for all Division 3 games. But surely there'd be different packages on offer. The only thing is, the minimum requirement I would say would be a decent camera and a commenatator if possible.

In saying all of this, I don't think the GAA would budge on doing it - Especially then with TV rights for some matches (then possibly it should be a case of non-TV matches being available). I've appraoched the GAA numerous times (Data/Analysis Business) and they're very archaic in their ways. Their website still doesn't update scores live and even at that, is slow putting up final results. I've offered them our API service to trial and they've refused. It's bizarre when comparing to all other major sporting orgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I agree that there should be FAR more content on the GAA go, akin to what we had when there was closed doors.

Many of the matches that only appear for a couple of minutes on the Sunday game at nighttime are actually produced live in full with commentary and transmitted live back to HQ in Donnybrook. Its infuriating that the only people who have access to these games are a few satellite buffs who know how to intercept these signals , the cutting crew in RTE, and any manager who requests a copy of the game from RTE .

Ive given it back in suggestions to GAA go a few times in questionaires but it took a pandemic to have a temporary increase in content, and now its back to a bare trickle again.

From the GAA go (aka RTE international) point of view it would pay off to provide more than what is available via the standard TV channels as then there would then be content that is NOT available to those who have a dodgy box or those in uk or europe with an irish sky box , and that hidden market would actually have a reason to pay their good money for a subscription to GAA go.

Will have access to sky stuff on demand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

The LGFA are really showing up the GAA with their streaming service.

Over 100 games for €50 Euro is super value.

15 games being streamed this weekend and 1 game on the TG4 YouTube channel.

[/Quote]Over 100 live games that are not being shown live on TG4 will be made available at the LGFA’s dedicated live-streaming portal: https://page.inplayer.com/lgfaseason2022/

All restrictions on the numbers that can attend live sporting events have now been lifted but the LGFA is still committed to providing a service where fans of our sport can watch the games online whether they’re based at home or overseas.

This new subscription service begins next weekend with the opening round of the 2022 Lidl Ladies National Football League.

Fans can sign up for a season ticket that covers all games in 2022 for just €50; a weekend pass costs €10, while a single game is available for €5. There is also the option to buy single games after they have concluded for €3 each.

All details of the new service are available at: https://page.inplayer.com/lgfaseason2022/ [Quote]

https://ladiesgaelic.ie/ladies-gaelic-football-association-announces-details-of-2022-live-streaming-service/

• Advertisement

Agreed - and I think the price point is very fair

Are the cameras recording their own ones or third parties? And will all matches have commentary from local people or no commentary?

Only one hurling match down for televised so far next weekend on GAA GO Limerick v Cork

Live GAA next weekend .Galway v Wexford the football hurling live on TG4 player

On GAA go Saturday

Anybody else whose got GAAGO on Android app find that Allianz Sunday highlights latest programme still not updated on app ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭C4000

I bought the annual pass for 2021 at some point last year. Just logged in there to purchase the tipp dublin match this evening and see that it's already listed as paid.....must still have access based on last year's payment.

Some found the stream froze for tipp Dublin match for few mins at start of match . Fine otherwise .

There’s auto renew on GAAGO unless you tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭supernova5

I also purchased a package in 2021 and just noticed that a few of todays games were available to me and marked as "paid"

checked my purchased history on the Gaago dashboard and only shows my activity for 2021, there isin't any new charges on my credit card from Gaago for 2022 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Stream froze right at start of Down and Roscommon game. Saw Down scoring first point then froze for 3 minutes and it returned right as Roscommon were taking penalty

• Advertisement

Was no sound on android app for some of first half Galway Wexford

The tipp Dublin match on catch app on GAAGO includes the streaming crashing for few mins

That's poor alright. If you bought the game individually you'd prob have a right to money back there.

GAAGO games next weekend

last year the deal changed from a season pass to a year pass, so you now have access for 365 days after you sign up rather than just for the remainder of the league+championship season which is was before.

Is there autorenew on all packages? I only remember encountering it on the pay as you go deal where you got 4 or 5 credits per month or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭supernova5

munchkin_utd,

that is good news on the 365 days rather than a season, I purchased my package on May 15th 2021

I noticed there are some huge games scheduled for May 14, and 15th this year, hope I can at least get the one on the 14th,

I can't answer your question on the autorenew

sure, if I read the terms and conditions I would have seen that it is indeed a subscription BUT you can opt out via your online account at any time (I presume thats just cancelling the extension and you still get to use it to the end of what you have paid for)

https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/pass-s

I joined over a month ago for 365 days pass turned off auto renew via Google store . Want to see how it all goes through the championship , am liking it but my god they have a lot of tech problems, lack of sound start of Galway Wexford , steam freeze on tipp / Dublin . Allianz Sunday not uploading auto on android app had to email them last week looks like will be sending another one next week . There IT leaves a lot to be desired but I will fully judge them after championship over .

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I'm in the UK and have GAAGO for the hurling. Iv Sky Arena aswell which I love with JJ Delaney and the insufferable Ollie. In fairness to Ollie he has improved. He was absolutely clueless but he'saking an effort to know people's names from other counties. He tipped against Limerick all the way up to last year's all Ireland final. Some run..

Iv never had glitches and I screen it on the TV from my phone..works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I agree with the above and it's what needs to happen. It's a crazy situation at the moment. I was at an inter county match in round 1 of the league. Home team had 1 camera in the stand and 1 camera behind the goal. Away team had 1 camera in the stand and 1 behind the goal. These cameras were pretty much side by side recording the same angle. And RTE had 2 cameras in the stand. It's just duplicating work and adding expense to every party.

Advertisement