Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suspicion - AppleTV+ (***Spoilers***)

• 11-01-2022 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭

This looks good and has a good cast.

Five ordinary Brits are accused of kidnapping the son of a prominent U.S. media mogul. They embark on a desperate race against time to prove their innocence, but will anyone believe them—and are they telling the truth?

It stars Uma Thurman (Pulp FictionKill Bill), Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory), Noah Emmerich (The Americans), Georgina Campbell (Black Mirror), Elyes Gabel (Scorpion), Elizabeth Henstridge (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Tom Rhys-Harries (White Lines) and Angel Coulby (Dancing on the Edge).

Starts February 4th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well well well.. if it isn't our man Stan, with the plan, from the Americans 🙂

A lot of recognisable faces in this. The writing / directing crew.. hmmm.. they don't register as guaranteed bomb or guaranteed hit. So.. could be good. The cast certainly seems to be a vouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A decent start however I think it will be one of these shows that's trying to be to clever instead of just telling a good mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: Oh .. I'm not sure about this one. The first scene was exciting and maybe a couple of others in small ways.. but the family lives which was a big part of this .. well they all felt a bit.. like I was watching a soap opera. I'm not exactly feeling a hook about the mystery either.

but like.. I guess.. it setup some kinda of mystery? Also introduced some characters and started moving along with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maya is the bulb off mammy Uma

This looks decent, I assume one season mystery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched the first two yesterday. Solid enough, although it feels little shrug your shoulders as it's not going to set the world alight, really.

• Advertisement

Now episode 4 just made it very interesting I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just watched first one of these. Very convoluted set-up and like others a bit indifferent to what might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

im really enjoying this

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Watched the first two episodes of this last night. Quite an interesting one, good mystery, but also could be one of those shows that keeps throwing in red herrings at every given opportunity, which tend to just get annoying after a while. Still, I'd say it should be worth sticking with. Two episodes in, and I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I don’t want any spoilers for the story but I would like to know if this is limited series with an ending or if it sets up a second season.

if it is intended to be ongoing I will leave it for a while but if it is a mini series I would watch it this week.

• Advertisement

The character of Natalie and the actress who plays her are abysmal. I know people like her and I don’t want to see them on TV. Most annoying was her “protect my sister/let me talk to my sister and I’ll do what you want” and then the cop from Merlin just bending to her demands. She is the suspected kidnapper in a high profile case and a proven thief - would the police really negotiate with her for information?

The show itself isn’t riveting but I am interested to see how it turns out and which of the other three are actually involved. I suspect Henstridge is one of the kidnappers.

I will be annoyed if this isn’t a limited series.

I decided to watch because of Uma Thurman’s involvement but three episodes in and she has only appeared fir a few minutes so I am disappointed.

A decent series for the first couple of episodes let down by the obvious ending I guessed pretty early Elizabeth Henstridge character was behind it all.

Yeah very disappointing i guessed the son was in on his own kidnapping pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

it started off great but the last few episodes fell really flat. Had no interest who was behind it all by the end of it.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Uma Thurman signed up for this.

She barely features in it and her character makes no sense. She is supposed to be the head of a powerful PR company and yet is taken apart in seconds by some random interviewer.

Clearly Copeland was making a genuine attempt to retrieve Leo which means there is only one possible character left who is the kidnapper and that is Leo himself. Which is completely asinine.

Can’t figure out why Emmerich is in this either. He seems to sleepwalking in this. The only thing he has done is an amusing comment of Cadbury’s Buttons.

It all feels like a standard ITV crime drama.

The show goes from mainly nonsense until the final episode in which it becomes absolute drivel.

Whoever at Apple greenlit this has a bizarre morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭archfi

Yup. Awful shtick.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement