Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charging battery from EV

• 18-02-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Wasn't sure if this was a post for the EV forum but thought it might get better traction here.

Has anyone (is anyone) using their EV to charge smaller batteries. I have 2 x 1.2kWh batteries that I keep topped up. The wind has taken out the grid connection in my area and that last time this happened it was a 4-7 days outage - batteries will get me 2-3 days before needing a charge. Was wondering how an EV might stack up if I connected a 500W inverter directly to the 12V while the car is on. I am thinking I can use this inverter to charge my batteries with a low enough current (<= 10A).

I know there will be loss going from DC->AC->DC but I haven't planned this too well to avoid that at the moment!

Anyone any input or thoughts on this?

Comments

Advertisement