Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Census job interview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

It's very confusing but from what I can make out we get a weekly amount and then the allowances in batches throughout with some final payments at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭billyhead

The training takes place in the morning and finishes up in the afternoon. There's no training during the evening.

I was told by my field supervisor last week that the training will be in the evening as people had commitments in the day time. I'm easy either way once I get some notice to arrange childcare. Presume it's different for each area as they hardly train 5100 people at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

I assume it’s all different- we were told training 28th and 1st. With a day nearer the time for collection.

Not sure the actual times.

Pay is confusing. I think you get a weekly amount. Then at the end. The overall amount is totalled. Less the weekly advance you have been given. And then final payment is done with the surplus amount.

im assuming the field supervisor will explain at training. Have a nice guy who seems very approachable.

Yes you have explained the pay perfectly! That's exactly how I read it in the breakdown of the amounts. What do you mean by a day nearer the time for collection? Do you mean us to collect all the forms etc? Sounds like all our training days and times will be different so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks.

Got the call and delighted to be starting. Received the email confirming same but I when I log in, nothing pops out to show me where to enter my details etc. Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Give it a while.... they're updating a whole lot of accounts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Talking out loud

Hi Coolaboy

From memory go back in, go up to the top right hand corner and click on the drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clarecall

I'm sure someone else who needs the job will gladly take your place

Hi folks. All sorted now. Link was updated. Have a good week.

• Advertisement

How long more have those on the panel to wait before an offer, or will it be last minute. Also do you need a laptop for the zoom training?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Are people still getting offers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Midnight Moon

I accepted an offer on the 14th. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your contract after submitting documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Check your spam folder, for some reason my confirmation of appointment letter went in there - I accepted an offer on the 10th and got the appointment letter (in spam!) on the 11th....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Midnight Moon

Thanks for replying. I received my confirmation of appointment letter (in spam too!). I then had to submit details in online account, pps number, emergency contacts etc. It mentioned on the letter that when details were submitted I would receive a confirmation email on same & my enumerator contract. I haven’t received either yet. Have you received yours and if so, how long were you waiting?

I haven't received a confirmation email. Like yourself I submitted all my details online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

It said that details had to be submitted no later than 5 days afterwards, so I'd say that we won't hear anything back until after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Yep was talking to field supervisor the car bank part has worked fine glitch with other contract bit watch for new emails in coming days

Field supervisor said that contracts will issue shortly and got confirmation my training starts on 28th at 4pm. I wouldn't say you need a laptop, you could use a tablet or phone I'm sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The very best of luck to you all. I did the enumerators job four times. Admittedly, I was job-sharing in my ‘real-life” job, week-on week-off at the time, so I had loads of time to devote to it. My best advice is to plaster a smile on your face as soon as the front door is opened. Disarm them with charm. Even the grumpiest of people are won over by a smile. I have very happy memories of the various characters I met over the course of four censuses. Including an elderly gentleman who had a bar of chocolate waiting for me when I came back to pick up his form. “I knew by the size of ya that ya liked chocolate” he leered. Bless him, he was right!!

Enjoy the experience.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Ah thank you! I'm a bit nervous to be honest but I'm sure after a few doors I'll be OK! I'd say you would meet all sorts but hoping the majority will be nice and friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maxface

Hopefully masks will be gone, will be much more helpful calling to doors without having to wear them. Contracts are waiting on vetting to come back so will not be out until then, and only then can you do the online induction which after that will allow you to get the material delivered and then training and away you go!

I just presumed you wouldn't have to wear a mask outdoors! Hopefully we don't have to wear them. Say if someone needs help filling in the form, do you just fill it in at the doorstep with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I have input all details online such as PPS number and next of kin.

I was told that I could login now for induction to complete my details, there is nothing there.

Is anyone else the same?

Yes. The odd person will invite you in but you're better off just helping them complete it at the door.

Got an email from garda vetting today very ambiguously worded. Did everyone get the same l wonder. Also were jobs offered only after vetting completed?

I got my contract offer today. I had to verify a number of compliance requirements to do with health, data protection, safety etc.

Anyone have any definite train times and days yet or have any equipment sent to them!? All seems a little last minute to me! All I know is I start training 4pm on the 28th via zoom

• Advertisement

You don't get the crate or box delivered until after the training.

Advertisement