Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which EVs are readily available

Options
  • 14-02-2022 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I would like to buy an EV. But I could see that all these websites are showing EVs and asking us to 'ORDER NOW'. But it seems that there is a waiting period of few months. I just want to know which EV (price around 30 to 35K) I can get in 2 or 3 weeks of waiting period. I can see many VW ID3 s on the road and also Hyundai Ionic 5s.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Price range new your looking at the MG only.

Call the dealers and see what they have. There's only a few so you'd have it done in 30 minutes.

Are you considering second hand too?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

I would like mg zs looks it is the cheapest. But seems there is a waiting period. Then I thought of mg5 also, if it is available within few weeks. Second hand would be fine if the range is around 300-350km.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

For that range you need the new facelift version. I don’t think there’s any second hand.

Have you checked DoneDeal and then ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭fits

You might get a Kia soul if you’d like it. They’re a bit marmite but I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Probably a waiting list on all cars including ICE due to semiconductor shortages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Does it need to be new? would a demo model do?

Ioniq would fall into that price bracket, late last year there was quite a few demo's for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That price and timeline prob only a second hand one, maybe a two year old eniro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

If you need an EV soon* and the car suits.

Then you could always try making an offer on this for 35 k.

Its the old Model Kona and you can get an Ioniq 5 for the price they are offering this Kona for.

Im not saying you should buy a Kona - but it meets the criteria of - over 300 kms range and is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

I saw a 2021 MG 5 in carzone with a prize of 30,000.

If it gives 300km in city, I would look for it. Or if new MG5 is available in March, then that would be a good choice. In my home country India, MG produced 5000 Astor models and they were sold within hours. I think ~MG cars are in huge demand global. It looks like they are suppressed in European markets.

Advertisement