Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antigen test - medically certified

• 12-02-2022 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I am travelling to the US soon and need a clear antigen test within 1 day of flight. I have some travel insurance that will cover cancellation for Covid but it requires a "medically certified" test result.

Does anyone know if Randox's results (in the airport) are "medically certified". I've being trying to contact them for days but can't get through and no response to emails.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

You may be best to contact the US Embasy to ask if they recognise them as its the authorities themselves that seek a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Thanks. I think I have confirmed the US will allow their test. This is for a situation where I fail the test. My travel insurance will require a "medically certified" test to cover any loses I will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Randox is a recognised laboratory, they have the approval to issue EU DCC certs. You can safely assume anyone who is issuing EU DCC certs will be acceptable to the US authorities

Bottom of the Randox cert has the name and qualifications of the laboratory manager responsible.

What the US want is a test administered/witnessed by a trained professional, even my local pharmacy can manage that, there are even some test at home options where someone watches you over video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭irelandrover

The only way you will get an answer to this is to ring your insurance and ask them. I know you have tried but they really are the only ones who can tell you.

I suspect it will be accepted however as I would presume they are medically certified since they can create the EU dcc

Advertisement