Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Modern warfare 2019 PS4 black screen crash

Options
  • 17-12-2021 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I installed Modern Warfare 2019 on PS4 and all the packs and I can't play the Modern Warfare campaign. Whenever I try to start the campaign on mission 1 it crashes with a black screen after a minute or two and I have to close the application. I've tried restarting the app, restarting my console, reinitializing my database and nothing worked. I got to play for a little while when I went offline but had issues with the part where you're scanning for enemies with the night vision, it dropped to about 1fps on that part and was a struggle to stutter through. The next time I turned off my console and opened the game and tried the campaign it crashed again.

I just can't play the game. It's disc version and I get the error CE-36329-3. I also got the more common one can't remember the code it had 8 and 9 in it.

At the moment I'm considering reinstalling, it'll take hours and then bringing back the game and giving up entirely on it as I just can't play it. It's a shambles. I think the launch version of Cyberpunk 2077 ran better than this rubbish. You can't even play this for a minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abudhabikev

Exactly Same for me. Pile of ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I tried again after reinstalling the disc and all the updates. I got the scope stutter at 1fps horrendous and then shortly after the game crashed to a black screen. I uploaded 2 videos of the problem to YouTube. I don't want to see people being codded. Unfortunately I likely won't get any viewers. I just would like to expose the problem. The game is unplayable. I don't think another disc will help. I'll have to try get a refund from Cex. This was going to be my main Christmas game, what a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crymsyn16

Scope stutter won't go away but I've found the campaign runs fine with no crashes if you run it in offline mode. Not a great solution but it makes the campaign work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tara Lewis

war fare

warfare is best

• Advertisement

??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bunshi

Same experiencing with my PS5 search a lot on different forums but failed. No one is taking about Warfare black screen

I've decided to post this everywhere because it's all I really have to say on the matter now and I'm fed up with this problem.

Modern Warfare 2019 campaign on PS4 has been completely unplayable with black screen crash within seconds of loading up the campaign since at least 18th December. There's no way I'm ever buying Black ops Cold War or Call of Duty Vanguard. Activision screwed up their own game and won't fix it. I can't get the word out. I made videos on YouTube about it and tried contacting on Twitter ReviewTechUSA, RGT85 and Digital Foundry and they all ignored me. I also contacted Activision Support and Sony about it. Activision just sent back useless waffle in my email and have done nothing about it and Sony ignored me and don't care. Anyone who bought Modern Warfare please get a refund and boycott Call of Duty from now on. It's a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bunshi

😥😥 This is very sad to hear the same situation with me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OldSkull

Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working "Missing Data Pack" "Install Suspended" Ps4, Xbox

https://shrinke.me/nSGtq44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 OldSkull

Can try this method also

https://shrinke.me/ge4cSiQV

I just wanted to ask has the black screen crash been fixed in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 single player campaign on the PS4?

Nobody is playing it on Twitch and no-one has uploaded any videos on youtube of the campaign so I've no idea.

If it did work now I could rebuy the game and play it at some point. I brought it back for refund as I was unable to play it all Christmas and through to near the middle of January.

So have they fixed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played it on the PS4 a couple of years ago and it ran fine but there's been so many updates something there may have caused a problem. It's shocking that a AAA title could sell with a bug like that.

Advertisement