Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE use covid as an excuse to take The late debate off air AGAIN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

deleted.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I like the show, normally watch it on RTE NEWS channel, my impression is the primary reason for the temporary cancellation is lack of political guests, most of whom have been AWOL for 5 weeks, even making some RTE personalities blush.

Katie, did mentioned she had her own family covid experience also.

The Guests have been kept apart for well over a year, some in seperate studios, some phoning in. Indeed the Saturday with Katie show continues albeit quite funny last Saturday watching Colm Brohy trying desperately to be as far away from Louise O Reilly as possible, at one stage, I thought he was going to break through to the next studio 😁

So with all this said, lack of available guests seems to be the main reason, Not Covid, IMO.

Worth pointing out the week in Politics also off air, again because of lack of political guests available and Dail Recess.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

If this means the return of the classic rock show then I'm all for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I think the History show replacing it, does that Rock your boat 😁😁🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I thought this was an odd reason at the time also. Particularly when Katie Hannon was available for her weekend show.

As for guests being unavailable, there are other guests from outside politics that can have a debate.

And if the main political party can been bothered, move to get indpendents and other parties in the Dail they will happily take their place, this would in turn make SF, FF and FG available.

If they only have one guest make it an interview programme rather than a late debate, how is the Tonight show doing for guests on Virgin Media?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Advertisement
Advertisement