Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis Hybrid Inverter in Off Grid Mode

• 09-02-2022 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone have experience of running their Solis Hybrid Inverter in Off Grid Mode?

Mine is a 5G hybrid with 12kWh pylontech batteries.

Want to trial it in Off Grid Mode over coming days so that I know how to use it during the next grid outage.

My understanding is that this Mode will run the house from the batteries (subject to the max power limits in the specs) and charge the batteries from the PV.

Is it as simple as that?

Could the mode be activated after an outage or would grid-power have to be present to activate Off Grid Mode in the first place?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Rolling power cuts in my area of Dublin over last few days and I've always had an off grid capability in mind. Installer put in a changeover switch for EPS mode but it does not work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

If your goal to protect from grid outage then configure backup mode, reserve battery capacity and connect your protected load to backup port. One thing to be aware is that rebooting inverter will cut the power to backup port.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

OK, thanks.

So, Off Grid Mode won't power the house from (whatever's in) the battery as I imagined?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

To protect yourself from grid outage you need to use backup port on the inverter and connect your critical load there as per manual see below. It is possible to wire the whole house from backup port but I would not do that as there is limits on how much power it can provide and also it must have proper isolation. The most sensible way is just to have dedicated sockets for critical loads coming from backup port.

Advertisement