Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time housing debate: Eoin O Broin vs Darragh O'Brien

• 03-02-2022 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Battle of the O’Briens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The home insurance doesn't cover me throwing the laptop directly through the TV in rage so I won't be watching 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

These 3D graphics are pointless.

Ding, ding, ding.

O Broin has no notes.

’Micheal Martin knows as much about Sinn Fein as he knows about housing.’

• Advertisement

O’Brien’s constant muttering will hardly endear him to prospective voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Thought Eoin would be stronger.

We will build them.

Who will???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Minister O'Brien is so unlikable and shouty. I don't have any confidence in him whatsoever.

O'Broin does seem to know his stuff. I guess he will get his chance to prove it after the next election.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Ah now come on!!

Eoin has no answers.

O Brien out of all people is rinsing him.

• Advertisement

Third time O Broin has taken umbrage about being hurried by the interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Regardless of whether you believe him or not, he's coming off as incredibly childish to be honest.

FF and FG are more terrified of losing their seats and (more importantly) access and control to SF than anything else and it's reflected every time one of them is in a debate like this - constant playing the man rather than the ball.

I'm no fan of SF myself except as an occasionally effective opposition, but if FF and FG are so confident in their positions then it should be very simple to discredit SF policies.

O Broin has no measurable commitments. Saying things like, ‘We need to look at zoning and unlocking unoccupied accommodation.’ That sounds like first stage brain storming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

So, what's the result, I couldn't abide watching Darragh O Brien for more than a few seconds 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Truth be told none of them have a solution to the housing problem. It’s been like this forever. It’s a situation and a bottleneck that needs too much money and work to fix. It’s not a single term government solution much like the HSE it’s just not fixable. That may not be popular but it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

Is O'Broin still renting himself,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was a car crash on both sides, but this is the quality of politician we elect folks.

Responsibility has to start at the ballot box.

The Row has already commenced on the Late debate 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ireland is screwed.

Those in government have no clue, and the opposition have no clue !

O Broin had his arse handed to him on a plate in that

Not what I was expecting at all

What I really found interesting was that O'Broin is telling developers not to mind what SF say in public

My take away from it is,SFF is getting closer

I thought O’Brien came across badly but he held his own. O Broin might have hoped to do better, but I don’t imagine he lost any voters and I expect many will have been impressed with his vague prescriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

That's okay until you see the others on the ballot box,

I would call the debate a draw, but given that O Broin wasn’t able to win a debate on housing in the middle of a housing crisis, you would think O’Brien and the government are the ultimate winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

As said above no really winner there but considering the abysmal state of things a nil all draw is a great result for the government.

I mean how can you not score on an open goal for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭downtheroad

O'Broin is some spoofer. Ignored every question he was asked by the host and all he said was "we need more houses".

If he is the solution in the next election we are in serious trouble.

Yep.

Not anything a lot of us have known for a while.

SF are full of shouting and sound bites.

Not a lot else going on.

Please let them be in government very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Northernlily

As a Dublin renter hoping to become a buyer, It's very very grim out there in the housing market. These two don't inspire confidence.

Emigration is once again on the table. Remote working and cheap flights an absolute godsend. If my missus wasn't made go into the office I'd be gone as my crowd don't give a fiddlers where on the planet I locate to.

Currently handing 2k a month before bills to an investment fund owner and trying to get a deposit together. Ugh

FF/FG have completely fudged the market up. External investors are lauding it up.

Advertisement