Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Seniors Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Choochtown

🎶 Like a Limestone Cowboy 🎶

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Apart from the first leg from Bob it's been a good standard. The Thorn on the 9 darter! Forgot how much I liked Bob Anderson, best exhibition I was ever at as a kid, great to see him still going at 74 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Wait, what's Paul Hinks doing here

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Not a fan of that dartboard, it looks very odd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Bloody delighted Bob got his 180. Thornton will be very hard to beat, don't think there's many more that will be hitting 90+ averages.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

All the venue is missing is the cigarette smoke and you would think it was a recording from the early 90's you were watching.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The production is woeful but I'm enjoying seeing the old faces.

Thornton played great. Standard in this match between Manley and Hedman is poor. Manley is getting better as the game goes on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Is there anywhere to check the live averages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Manley looks like he is about to collapse..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think Manley is line for another battering from Taylor tomorrow.

Manley 76 and Hedman 71. Not great. The whole setup is very amateur. The MC seemed to introduce her as Deta Redman. Some of the mics are cutting out and very echoey. Still entertaining nonetheless. Arguably moreso than the PL on Sky Sports. Pure nostalgia and novelty :)

The production company are called 247tv, ultra cheap stuff. They did the last BDO tournament in the O2 which was terrible too.

Very hard to call the next one between O'Shea and Painter. I'm expecting better quality

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That Manley game was like something you'd see down the pub!!

Looking forward to painter/O'Shea.

This is ridiculous, no score on screen for the last 5 legs!

Good quality game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭celt262

The worst thing about having no score on the screen is you have to actively listen to Paul Nicholson 🙄

"The event venue is currently experiencing WiFi issues affecting DCTV Live Scoring."

Even the wifi in the venue isn't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big disappointment so far

The production is atrocious.

Despite that though, I really enjoyed that game between Painter and O'Shea. Good quality and very close match. A pity I had to use pen and paper to keep score though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Had a look at John Boy Walton and Les Wallace there at lunchtime, standard not great, but thoroughly entertaining

I expect it'll be a breeze for Phil Taylor

Wallace played much better than I thought he would, he got better as the game went on. Dave Prins playing well here against Paul Lim.

Obviously the standard isn't great but it's still entertaining stuff. The production has also improved today although it couldn't have gotten any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I can see Taylor winning 9-0 in legs against Manley later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

The production is an absolute disgrace like it is being filmed on a potato and no scoreboard totally fcuked it made it almost unwatchable but having said all that I'll 100% tune in to watch Taylor later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Larry Butler throwing some darts, 98 average so far. Warriner-Little not troubling him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

To be fair the production seems better today I've just managed to sneak it on in work.

Butler played some very good stuff there. Could definitely go on a good run if he can keep that standard up. AWL was shocking though, claiming he has an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Is it terrible looking on BT Sport too, are all broadcasters using same feed?

Advertisement