Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gran Turismo 7

• 24-09-2021 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭

Out for PS4 and PS5 on the 4th of March 2022. Release date may be subject to change.

The game will have over 420 cars to collect (new and used) and 90 tracks to race on. There will also be dynamic weather conditions.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pokemon with cars.

I wonder if this will be like the last few releases and launch pretty much as a demo with updates that eventually make it the game it should be. It's probably the best way to release the game, near early access, considering the legendary delays some games in the series had. GT still seems to have a handling advantage over Forza Motorsport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Legendary delays in some GT games. Could you expand on that please? The only GT game I'm currently playing is GT Sport. Last GT game I played before that was the late 90's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started with Gran Turismo PSP which was delayed from launch window to near the end of the consoles life. It made it on multiple vaporware award lists. GT5 launched with the kind of demo prologue in 2007 and then took 3 years to release. GT6 then started the 'early access' release model.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Meh, as long as it provides far more older cars and non-super+ cars, I'll be happy. I find modern racing games lose the fun the faster you go, but it's a joy to fly around tracks in cars I've driven in real life. Nice to hear the second hand market is back, so that should be good fun at least, coupled with the visual mods, I am somewhat excited about this.

^ Just make sure you get a full service history when buying a secondhand motor 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't remember how they did that back on the first couple of games. If memory serves me correct, the second hand ones could have had issues if you didn't do the oil change. I'd like a more expanded version, something like hidden issues you wouldn't see unless you spent money on a proper full check which costs credits. But shur, they throw so many credits at you, along with cars, that it seems kinda pointless to have even the oil change option...

Above gameplay looks stunning. Hopefully we will see more before release, and I will have a PS5 by the time the game is released.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Looks excellent, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just for anyone interested, Smyths are selling back 4 blood on ps5 for €20 which you can then trade into gamestop as a preorder to get GT7 for €29.99. I'll be doing it tomorrow.

Hard to believe its about 25 years since I got the very first one on release day.

Gran Turismo 7 State of Play this Wednesday 2nd of February at 10PM.

Just a little bit over a month to go before the game is released.

The last Gran Turismo game I played with a number at the end was Gran Turismo 2 back in 2000/2001. Between 2001 to early 2018 I didn't play a Gran Turismo game until I started playing Gran Turismo Sport in 2018.

State of Play event on now.

Very impressed with what I saw. Day one purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Cannot wait for this game.

may have to invest in a wheel this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Looks completely stunning, and everything I want from a Gran Turismo game. Really hyped for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just caught up on the state of play. Wow, that looks absolutely incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Looks tasty. I'll be buying this after i've had all my fun with Elden Ring

Maybe us boardsies can have some online races to see how competitive we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nah, already have games in February i can't afford and way too close to Elden Ring. Will definitely go for it in a few months though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh man, it looks so damn good!

80 bucks though, yikes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Looking forward to this I have to say, bit odd considering its the 25th anniversary that there is no super duper signature collectors edition like gt5/6/sport and 6 was the 15th year anniversary also.

Not sure if it's still possible to do it but Smyths were selling back 4 blood for €20 last weekend, Gamestop were accepting it on their trade list towards GT7. Could trade it in and pre order GT7 for €29.99, because I have a gamestop members card, I actually got it for €24.99

Thanks for the heads up, no stock in Limerick though or anywhere nearby 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Looks great, I'll get it eventually not a hope of me paying €80 they're taking the pish with that carry on.

I got it in the ennis road shop last Saturday, they had 15+ in stock so people obviously copped on to it.

• Advertisement

I saw it at the time, there was about 12 left, but I totally forgot about 5 mins later, so my own fault entirely 😁

Advertisement