Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old wheels/frame to give away

• 01-02-2022 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hey all - quick question... I have 3 sets of old wheels, plus my trusty old Cadex frame* in our shed:

None rusted or anything, but I've no use for them anymore, and....well.... very long story short, I'll have to get rid of them in the local recycle centre, or put them in a skip. But I'd rather maybe someone might get some use out of them.

Was thinking I might offer them as 'free to take away' on the Adverts.ie pages - but I only see FS and WTD ads there. Not sure if freebies are allowed?

Or maybe even here - wonder if anyone might be interested?

One wheelset and the frame are sitting there since the late 1990s I'd say. Other two sets of wheels there since about 2013. I hate throwing things out, or selling them in case I ever need them again...but turns out I didn't actually need them after all!

* with it's 105 groupset almost intact, so it's basically ok to ride it once a set of wheels are put on, although I would at least check the brakes in case time has just eroded them or whatever!

Comments

Advertisement