Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RockField Newtownmountkennedy

• 07-04-2021 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

We are thinking of buying a property in Phase 2 RockField Newtownmountkennedy. This is been sold off plans and hence there is no option to view the show houses.

The house price is within our budget and this is the reason why we are looking into it. Can anyone help on understanding how this area is and is there anyone who have bought houses there? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

You should post this in the Wicklow forum and you might get a few responses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rosieposie2021

I have 2 friends who have bought in the first phase. They are from the area so like the area. Dunnes nearby, hotel and pub. Not far from greystones too for more places to eat and not to far from Dublin if you commute, although traffic on n11 can be hectic at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaunac4

I bought one in the first phase, i lived in greystones for over 2 years and loved it but we couldnt afford to buy there.
    We got in to view a show house around December they are built really well im very happy and cant wait to move in. newtown is a nice quiet area

• Registered Users Posts: 7 reshmams

shaunac4 wrote: »
    I bought one in the first phase, i lived in greystones for over 2 years and loved it but we couldnt afford to buy there.
    We got in to view a show house around December they are built really well im very happy and cant wait to move in. newtown is a nice quiet area

Thanks a lot for the reply. Very helpful. I am working in Dublin City. So, I am just worried about the commute everyday once everyone gets back to office. Do you know whether the bus 133 from there is reliable? Appreciate any inputs. Another option we are considering is Hansfield homes. Looks like there is a train from that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bluebakes

reshmams wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the reply. Very helpful. I am working in Dublin City. So, I am just worried about the commute everyday once everyone gets back to office. Do you know whether the bus 133 from there is reliable? Appreciate any inputs. Another option we are considering is Hansfield homes. Looks like there is a train from that location.

The 133 is reliable in that it usually shows up. The Newtown stop is one of the last stops before hitting the N11 to Dublin so if it's late going through Wicklow it will be late to Newtown. The real time isn't great to you might also not know it's not showing up until an hour has passed and it's a no-show. When you do get on it, if you need to be in the city for 9am, definitely get the bus earlier than you think you need to as the N11 is always chaotic for years pre-pandemic. So yea - it's reliable enough but traffic is dire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 roydow

Wife and I bought a house off the plan's in Rockford October 2020. Viewed the showhouse twice bringing our son the to the second viewing. Can't wait for the house to be finished and we can move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bleaks

Hey folks,

What are the prices of the 3 beds do you know?

3 bed mid terrace are €330000

3 bed end of terrace are €335000

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nars_18

Hi

I just wanted to bump this up as I'm waiting for a house in Phase 2 to be completed and am trying to organise floors, painters and all the rest of it!

We've been told it'll be Feb next year but as its been pushed out a few times already, I'm not sure I believe it. is there a way of getting a realistic timeline or do we just have to hope for the best that it'll be done soon? Is it the case that we have to wait for all the houses in the row to be done?

Hi.

We've been told late February early March for ours to be ready. But like yourself were not overly hopeful of being in by then as we've had the same setbacks. A couple of weeks before Christmas I went down and spoke to the site forman to see if it was possible for me to go into my house and measure up for floors etc. There was no issues and he brought me up. I was only able to view the ground floor as the plasters were skinning the walls upstairs. He said If I wanted to come back in 10 days the plastering would be finished and mostly dried out and I could measure upstairs. I'm planning on going back down mid January. I think some of the houses could be ready before February or march but they will wait and finish all of them before letting us move in. When I go back to take measurements of my house I will take pictures of the site and if possible I'll post them on here.

• Advertisement

we're in the same boat so! we actually did manage to get in right before Christmas to measure everything and there is a good bit of work to inside (plus all the garden, landscaping, access road) so I think 6 weeks from now is optimistic

i suppose we'll just have to sit tight for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coco178

I'm a bit late to the party here but wondering if anyone knows about another phase of houses in Rockfield?

We are very interested in buying and have finance approved and ready to go.

Hiya, I know they've started on a new batch (as I live close) but its literally just digging foundations etc so a long way off before they'll be done. You could check with Rory Fenlon as he's the estate agent for this

Thanks for your reply! Yes, have already checked with the Estate Agent but they don't seem to know.

I'll keep waiting ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4 afitz96

Hi all,

My partner and I are currently looking into buying in the next phase of rockfield and have a few questions. I saw on this thread that phase 2 was bought off plans, I was just wondering if there was any opportunity to view a show house before this. Also, in regards to the launch, was it a virtual launch due to covid or was there an in person launch?Also, for anyone that’s bought in the previous phases, how have you found the area and the houses? We are currently living in Dublin and my partner is from wicklow but neither of us are too familiar with the area. Thanks in advance for any help it’s really appreciated .

Hi afitz96! Have you heard when the next phase will launch? Hoping to buy there too but can't seem to get any info about a launch date or prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 afitz96

Hi there,

We are in the same boat as yourself haven’t really heard much from the estate agent. They couldn’t give any specific dates or prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mobattack

Hi - we're in Phase 2 (house numbers 21-30) - these were originally meant to be completed by Feb/March 2022 but have now been delayed to October 2022. I presume you're in the batch just before ours. do you have any idea whats the status of construction on house numbers 21-30?

hi - would it be possible for you to share measurements of the end terrace if you have these and any pictures. We're thinking of going for the open plan layout for the ground floor, not sure if others have decided to go with that - would love to see pictures of how it would look like. we went in last July to see a showhouse from Phase 1 before they were handed over - but the open plan layout house we saw had ongoing plaster works so couldnt really get a nice view.

hiya, not sure what you mean about the open plan layout - we weren't given an option for that and just have kitchen/diner + separate living room downstairs

i'd say if you want measurements, try to get in touch with the foreman of the site (via Fenlons). He has allowed us to come and measure, and let our flooring company access too. Pretty sure you can arrange that once the building work has progressed to a certain stage

we're still waiting on our place....hopefully will be ready to snag by end of the month 🤞

• Advertisement

Hi mobattack

I took measurements for the floors about 2 weeks ago. When I get home form work I'll do a little sketch and try upload it here. We didn't for for the open plan living room though. We went with a little entrance lobby inside the front door and then a door into the living room.

The foreman told us all going well we can snag the house mid to end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jessm13

Hi all- just a quick one!

Does anyone know when phase 2 launched? Trying to gauge prices for phase 3.

If you purchased phase 2 how long was the completion date from when it launched?

thanks in advance!!

Hi Jessm, Phase 2 launched early April 2021, with a planned completion date of Feb/March 2022 - that has now been pushed to October 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MellyB22

Also looking to purchase here, hopefully when the next phase comes up I'm quick enough to reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MellyB22

Also on the site plan I see a creche there, has this been build as part of phase 1 or 2?

looks like it will be built in the next/last phases.

Hi there - I was just chatting to the estate agent there about our snagging and he said next phase would be opening up in a week or two. He also said prices have jumped since last phase

In terms of timeline....I just checked back and we signed contracts to buy in Oct 2020 and are finally snagging next week!

Hi Nars_18

Can I ask who are dealing with in the estate agent? We signed the contract for the house back in October 2020 aswell. We bought in row 31 to 40 and were told at end of march that the week beginning June 6th would be the earliest date for snagging. The delay was due to getting services (electric and water) connected to the properties. Has anyone else been told this?

I was down at the site today. That's a picture from 33 to 40. Water and electric is connected to my property. Shouldn't be much longer until they are ready

• Advertisement

Hiya - we were told in mid-April that there was a delay due to Irish Water + ESB. Was a bit surprised to get the email that we could snag in May (think all the delays have made me keep my expectations low!!). We were never given a June date for snagging so maybe whatever way they are organising it means our house is just slightly ahead of yours in the process.

Its definitely getting there now - great to see the tar going down this week!

Advertisement