Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

Hopefully the stats will reflect that soon 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Anyone heard anything regarding the "small pool" who would be contacted in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Not a thing here since the email

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pcchap

it`s so deflating after all this time, optimism is all was have now, our time will come...It has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

I reckon the small pool is people who had deferred starting. They will maybe give them the opportunity to go ahead? It’s so deflating getting to this stage and this happening. I presume it will be April until they decide what they will do. If they don’t get the funding they expected hopefully they will follow through with some sort of recruitment…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

At the end of the day, they are not going to have wasted millions on another recruitment campaign just to scrap it all. We will all get in eventually if appointable. Dept of Justice sent back around 45million to Westminster last financial year, the money is there, I think it was just about showing there would be a serious issue if funding wasn’t allocated. They need more officers on the ground and that’s the bottom line

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

They surely have funding for the new campaign of 400 officers. If all else fails they should surely be able to use this. I spoke to local MLA about how it has been handled. He said it will be debated at the next board meeting which is next week.

Yeh Naomi Long has said on Twitter they will be voting against it. Not only did they hand 45 million back they have just handed even more back this year too. The fact they are still running the 2021 campaign and putting money in to that gives some hope that they are surely going to recruit. Just crap our jobs are being used to play politics and the fact this has been TWO years

Bet it cost more than 5 million for all the new uniforms, could have left those for the new budget in April instead of us. 🤣

• Advertisement

So reading the above post has he increased their budget now? And what does he mean by ringfenced money? Is this still him trying to avoid giving more or is he actually giving more?

Its hard to tell what he means, from my reading of the budget it's blatantly obvious that justice has a reduced budget compared to the last year's budget so I'm not sure where he's got that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rouge_one

He mentioned ring fenced which to me means allocated funds are guaranteed for a purpose (purpose meaning the new decade new approach?) but you never know with this government always bickering about something.

I’m pretty sure he has reduced it by 2%? The good thing is that none of the other parties are prepared to approve his budget if his budget doesn’t let them recruit the recommended officers from the patten report so hopefully he backs down

He has definitely already said their budget was decreased by 2% to support the health budget that’s why I was wondering from that does he mean he has now increased it…

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

34 weeks and counting now for vetting.

Hopefully we'll hear some good news about the budget come April.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Did you email them asking why this has been away so long?

Yeah, emailed 3 times to get the same generic response every time. Asked them what the delay is, and they never answered why.

So frustrating.

Hopefully you hear soon 🤞 where are you on the merit list?

Looks like more bad news for us, collapse of stormont means no decisions will be made on budget so looking likely recruitment will stop

• Advertisement

There was 2 recruitment drives that started and continued during the 3 years that we had no govt before. If the govt collapsed, which it won't due to new legislation in the house of commons to stop it, it'll not stop recruitment

The policing board meet today, will be using the link to see what is said about recruitment.

Where is the link for that? Can't find it on the board website

Think it's on their twitter page.

It says they are live streaming a public accountability session I’m not sure that has anything to do with recruitment? I know it still ran over the last collapse but the budget isn’t likely to be approved now so I can’t see how they can run with it if they now have no budget? It’s all over Twitter because this will also affect the health budget etc

Think it was part of the Chief constables report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 n_3

Done my medical end of last week, passed it but still waiting on SMT results. Anyone know the usual length of time to wait for results back? Not sure wether to email recruitment to chase it up with them or not.

Advertisement