Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Detail for Gable flashings

• 13-12-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭

Hello,

currently nearing roofing stage of a project beside house where we are rebuilding an old garage/shed.

The shed will have no fascia/soffit with a nice clean gable end and cladding on roof. I want to discuss the finish details with a roofer before agreeing on a price.

Where would I get some well drawn details of what do to with the gable end? How do we finish the top of the gable up tidy to the cladding sheet as it sits on the edge of gable? what product is used to flash that top of wall and space?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

any idea of this? There is very little information online about no fascia gables, especially with block built walls

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ragingzephyr

I don't think there'll be much "well drawn" details for you out there, generally, metal flashings are fabricated on site by your roofer. I could draw it a 100 times and I wouldn't match what's needed on site so I'd recommend letting your roofer look at it and offer a detail they are comfortable with producing & installing.

unfortunately I think you are not going to get the clean gable end line you are hoping for.

Slate would be the only material I would be comfortable detailing to finish with a clean line to a blockwork gable without the need of introducing a fascia soffit line.

Metal claddings generally needs metal flashings to weather any exposed edges so I think you will end up with some sort of fascia which is tight up against your blockwork wall to conceal the joint.

Check out Etex euronit flashing profiles that might suit your shed and to start a conversation with your roofer maybe

www. euronit.ie>products> metal accessories

we got it sorted. company doing corrugated roofing is custom making the trim for the verge. they gave me 3/4 drawings to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Any chance you could share the options given?

this was the one we went with (top), but with 100mm width in order to reach the cross battens. I'll have to find the other sketches

• Advertisement
Advertisement