Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Penta/Yuta was so good, one of the best Dark matches, well worth checking out. Penta's Made in Japan looks sick, as good as Shingo's.

I think they should sign Janai Kai, she has something!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm wondering when is the right time to pull the trigger on MJF & Wardlow.

Could they push this out till the summer or even September and All Out or do they need to have Wardlow snap on the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭kksaints

Soon would be my opinion, One problem AEW has had is feuds running on for way too long and the fans cooling on it in the process. You could hold for a few weeks but stretching it beyond the next 6 weeks is too long.

MJF's work on Twitter belittling Wardlow has just been fantastic the guy is always working.

• Advertisement

Johnny wrestling tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm leaning towards a no Johnny Gargano appearance tonight.

Danhausen is ALL ELITE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That Danhausen cameo was perfect, and the fact he cursed Cole who then lost his first singles match was great. I want Danhausen to be this guy who everyone laughs at his curses, but slowly more people become ultra superstitious of him cause his curses keep leading to losses. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another cracking episode of Dynamite, the ladder match was great. They nailed the jumping cutter from the ladder, looked class!

No Mox or Danielson on the show, just shows the great depth available on Khan's roster. Danhausen sucks though, he joins Ethan Page for me for hitting the fast forward button when watching AEW.

Jeff Hardy is trending on Twitter and I thought it might be to do with the cutter and Cody cutter off the ladders last night.

It's not Jeff Hardy though it's a video of a guy committing suicide by doing a swanton off a bridge in LA over the giant inflatable cushion they set up to try and catch him.

I wish I hadn't seen it and it was tagged properly for what it actually is so I would have known not to watch it.

Just giving the heads up there to those who wouldn't want to see something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's between that cutter last night and Orton's RKO on Evan Bourne for the best cutter ever with the RKO on Rollins' stomp coming in a distant third.

Still think this is one of my favourite cutters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was a very good show. It got slow in the middle as usual with the trios match, Hirsch Velvet and whatever that Britt promo was but start and finishing match were great, as was Wardlow and the MJF/Punk stuff. Also the debut of Danhausen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see Cody is still getting **** on social media even though he lost. That corner of the IWC is really weird, you'd swear he had his shovel out routinely.

Worst thing he's done is the odd extremely self indulgent promo, but I can roll with that when he's just as capable as knocking it out of the park.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this crap started when the (now dismissed) rumours circulated that Cody was estranged from the Bucks and Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That openng match on Dynamite, was unbelievable, what an opener.

I believe that is Dynamite's first 1v1 ladder match which shocked me when I heard it

Overall I really enjoyed the show, just a great watch

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Another top show this week. Such an easy watch. The two hours routinely fly by for me. That ladder match was crazy good for free tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I loved that main event, Orange Cassidy never gets enough credit for his in ring work.

• Advertisement

Who is Britt's next opponent? I mean they always talk about champions having a target on their back yet she was able to get through the whole celebration and promo with no interruption? Shouldn't at least 1 woman be looking to challenge her? Doesn't say much for them if no one will confront her.

The current rankings as of yesterday (reset for the new year) have 1. Red Velvet 2. Leyla Hirsch 3. Serena Deeb 4. Thunder Rosa 5. Anna Jay. Though Leyla would now be 1 after beating Velvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I love how MJF always does that, being respectful to the WWE heels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Cameo appearance to say that I love Danhausen. The schtick cracks me up, he's like one of the very few comedy guys whose stuff I actively seek out and the social media stuff is great too. Nice pick up.

The main event as a whole was pretty good, glad to see OC pick up the win, it felt like the right result and honestly I felt the undefeated thing was more a noose around the neck of Cole anyway.

The ladder match was one of the best ladder matches I've ever seen. I'm sick to death of these matches, AEW do them semi regularly, WWE do them seemingly every week, I saw the GCW one from Hammerstein and God what a mess, trope after trope. But this was was superb, it had elements that reminded me of that Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels ladder match from like 1992 (?) mixed in with modern high spots, the cutter in particular was jaw-dropping. Red hot crowd and a story to back up the match, rather than guys just doing spots for the sake of it, tremendous pro wrestling. ****3/4

Meltzer gave the ladder match 5 stars let the internet meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They really should do the Rosa match at Revolution and get the title off Britt at this stage, but with Rosa seemingly starting a feud with Mercedes Martinez, that might be out.

For the rest, you can do Britt vs Hirsch I guess, but feeding her Deeb would be stupid and she's already beat Red Velvet and Anna Jay. The only other decent match outside of Rosa that works is the Hayter turn on her, but pulling that now will be overshadowed with the Wardlow and MJF one, and that turn probably works better after Britt loses the title anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This is gonna be stuck in my head all weekend!

Very nice, Very evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

An excellent three hours of AEW this week. I really enjoyed it. That ladder match was incredible. I don't really like Sammy but credit where it's due the guy is talented in the ring. Orange Cassidy and Adam Cole was great too I agree that Orange doesn't get enough credit for how good he is.

A very decent Rampage then as well. Jade v Julia wasn't great but they're both so inexperienced that it's not a surprise. The main event tag match was very good and the run in by the Ass family sets up their match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't have much to add about Rampage but I love this Andrade character.

This awkward rich dude that doesn't understand how anything works is hilarious. Doesn't sound like it would work on paper for him but really enjoying his segments.

• Advertisement

Wheeler Yuta is replacing Jonathan Gresham at PWG's BOLA this weekend.

Advertisement