Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you fight if Ireland was invaded?

• 27-01-2022 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

The Russian “danger” of invasion of the EU has our residence Rambo’s all riled up for action, I personally would not fight as nothing to be gained for me , so how would you react if the Russians invaded tomorrow?

Genghis Kahn realise quickly that conquest of nations would be a success if he was a more benevolent ruler than the previous one, the population don’t care who rules as long as their lives don’t get harder, so are you doing so good today that you would fight to keep the status quo here?

Would it matter who was in charge as long as your life remained the same if not better?

всего хорошего, Владимир.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,654 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Invaded by sexy Russian women - resistance is futile.

Invaded by Putin’s minions - they’re all built like brick shìthouses, but I’d like to think I’d give ‘em a bloody nose at least 😳

Putin has any sense, he’ll go with the first option if he’s hoping to conquer the natives 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Packrat

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭slay55

No, sounds like too much hard work and so much to catch up on Netflix anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Apparently Russia has blueprints to invade every country in Europe and all its neighbours all across the Far East .

The plans are reviewed every couple of years with current political stability looked , military capacity, pacts with other countries etc.

Russian intelligence agencies trawl various media outlets , TV, newspapers and so on looking for opinions and do on.

One could only imagine their reaction as they read of the carry on in Carlow last week in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

After reading the WFH thread they’ll all be putting on the washing, shopping, buying an ice cream, spending time time with the family….er….no time to fight the Russians so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I hope I don't see any posters who spent the last 2 years catastrophising Covid coming into this thread talking about going toe to toe with the Russian army.

Hiding under the bed or watching netflix for the last 2 years wouldn't fill me with confidence in any battles we face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I’ll fight any man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I'd ask could I switch sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What will the outfits be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I fight like your da

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Ireland was partitioned against the will of the vast majority of people in Ireland under the threat of “immediate and terrible war“, we laid claim to Northern Ireland in our constitution up until 1998.

We eventually gave up on the idea and let them have it because there was nothing we could do about it, now we barely even want it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Of course. We're ready for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Archeron

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Starting a new thread once threadbanned from another on a very similar topic is not a very good idea

Do it again OP and you will lose access to the forum altogether

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement