Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭ Red Silurian

No it's 1st class and up I think which would imply 6/7 year olds. Technically they are "rules" but to my knowledge Teachers haven't been enforcing them in the past and won't start enforcing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭ Marty Bird

It’s not 1st class up the advice is 3rd to 6th Class

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Quin_Dub

The argument for keeping Masks in certain places is that if you are in a vulnerable category can "choose" to stay away from Pubs/Nightclubs etc. but you may have no option but to travel on Public transport , go to a shop or indeed go to school/work.

So they are keeping the masks there for a little while longer which I can see the logic for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 11,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭ TheDriver

I can understand the mask part but students must still sit 1m apart in classrooms (2nd level), can't do group work, can't use dressing rooms for PE or sports etc etc. Masks would be the least part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭ Red Silurian

Well fair enough, that would be 9/10 year olds so if I recall my primary school days?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,552 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

They will not tweak any remaining measures; they will either stay in place as they are or go in their entirety. February 28 may be a good bet for the end of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭ shmeee

Yes, 2 pubs I was in over weekend were back to normal pre March 2020 as per the new regulations. And it was a fecking joy to behold.

But one restaurant / pub still had (mask needed, table service only etc) Like WTF? This was yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ Ballycommon Mast

They have won this battle because dispite the best efforts of the media and Politicians the general public never turned against the unvaccinated, the unvaccinated have as much freedom today as the vaccinated, footfall was down substantially in pubs for the last 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭ kirk.

This pandemic has taught me a lot about government and media

Maybe they know what they're doing but I dunno I'll take my chanches from here on in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭ AlekSmart

Open to correction,but was Germany's social distance set at 1.5 Metre ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

That's mad, I'll stick to the Oxford or dictionary.com definitions (I know they changed the wording slightly on MW but that was a minor update on what was already there).

• Advertisement
Advertisement