Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellowjackets [Showtime]

• 29-11-2021 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭

A quick search didn't bring up anything on this.

Only watched episode one but really interesting start.

A wildly talented high school girl soccer team becomes the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the Ontario wilderness.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Have watched the first two episodes. Wasn't sure what to expect but it's quite good actually. My big bugbear so far is how easy they made it seem to destroy a flight data recorder. They're designed to withstand burning in jet fuel, yet a couple of smashes on a rock and manually disconnect a couple of wires and they're done for 😂 That aside though I'm very intrigued to see where this will go!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was surprised there was no dedicated thread for this given how much positive attention it's getting everywhere.

How graphic is it when it comes to the horror elements?

Worth noting for those unaware that it's on Sky Atlantic.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Off the top of my head there's been nothing too graphic so far, bar a brief glance of a bad leg injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

2 episodes in and I think its good.

Although it took me until the second episode to match the younger characters with who they were 25 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I really like this. First 4 episodes watched now. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

• Advertisement

I thought episode 4 was relatively weak compared to what came before it. It's still very good though and I'm properly invested in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Episode 3 & 4 were stellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Finished episode 3 wowsers.

Some very freaky parts in that one!

I get the thing about not being able to tell who the older and younger versions are but it gets easier as it goes along. It really only focuses on 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whats going on with Taissa's son, he seems to be posessed or something.

Have to say though he is a very good actor for someone so young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He is good isn't he! Something a bit off about him to say the least!

Another good episode this week, but disappointing there was only one!

When yer wan started speaking in French 😬

Just watched the last episode, bit of a supernatural element coming into it in the loft and Taissa seeing the wolf out in the street.

Seems like only Shauna, Taissa, Natalie, Misty and Travis made it out of the wilderness based on the information we have so far.

Surely they didn't eat everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Have binged this the last two weeks; think its excellent.

Pretty interesting premise - last episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Totally binged this this weekend! It’s very good…. It has a bit of everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

End of the season was brilliant! I loved this! its a bit like a mix of lost and walking dead and friday night lights...kinda!!

The casting was brilliant in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Will this be on Paramount+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Some of the match ups are well cast, Shauna and Taissa young and old being the closest matches IMO, think they got it way off for Natalie [the teen actress looks nothing remotely like Juliet Lewis]

I've only watched 2 episodes but from early on you get a lot of information, you have a fair idea who's not made it and obviously, who definitely did. An interesting approach for this type of series [whatever genre it falls under? murder/mystery/thriller/drama]

Another series I did not think I would take to but started watching for the music! Gotta love the 90's ST/vibe.

Pity they killed Jackie off but it was fairly obvious from a few episodes in that she didn't make it.

Looks like Travis younger brother and the one leg coach didn't get out of the woods either.

The Grizzly scene was a bit unrealistic but overall it was hard to fault it.

Showtime saying season 2 could be out before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I thought the bear was Javier. Not that he turned in to a bear. But that that is what they all saw because it’s what they wanted to see. Nat and Travis weren’t there at the time.

• Advertisement

Spoiler tags lads, Jeez ... some of us are still early on it this

Spoiler tags not necessary because the show has already been broadcast. If you're still watching then avoid discussion topics about the show ffs.

Would you spoil the ending of a recent movie just because it's been broadcast? Thats a lousey way of looking at it, you seen it so then it's ok to spoil. I only heard about the show recently, also it takes mere seconds to add spoiler tags, it's basic common decency. I'm at ep-8 now and not about to spoil it for those behind. Not everyone binges whole seasons overnight. It's possible to talk about a show, even specific episodes without giving too much away and that is the very purpose of Spoiler tags [which others have managed to use in other similar threads]

If I was seeing a movie recently released in cinema I'd avoid a discussion topic about it until I had watched the movie. I'd never go on a forum and expect others to refrain from discussing it just because I hadn't seen it. Spoiler tags are fair enough if it's a Netflix show and we're all watching at different paces, or if perhaps someone was watching at American pace as opposed to ours. Perhaps the the title should be updated to Sky Atlantic pace or something. So sorry, if you want to avoid spoilers then avoid the thread until you've caught up.

Post edited by yerwanthere123 on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The thread title doesn't say **Spoilers** as many threads do. Therefore, normal etiquette is to use spoiler tags.

If the title did say *Spoilers* then the approach is that spoilers can be discussed without tags after an episode has aired (per the charter). However, even with *Spoilers* anything in the ether before something has aired should generally be tagged and some people still use tags e.g. for a season finale/character exit, etc.

I haven't seen this show, seems to be getting critical buzz.

It's common forum ettiquette is all, and common sense. As above, the title probably should state that there might be spoilers, as some just want to discuss a series ongoing - in fact it's always more interesting that way, not just a discussion in hindsight. No matter, no harm done really as I skim read when I noticed spoilers and it turned out I mis-read, thankfully. Finished the series now, all I can say is ... wow, them last few ep's were a step up in pace, but I'm still puzzled!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Enjoyed the first season enough to watch a second season but I hope that is it and they don't just keep dragging out the story with some ridiculous storyline per season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I was pretty pumped for this show after watching the pilot.

Couldn't wait to see how the group of teenagers descended into a cannabilistic cult.

But after having watched it, I'm not so sure now.

The flashback stuff seemed to be so dragged out, I felt like we were finally getting somewhere by the very last episode - but it took a hell of a long time to get there.

And at first I thought the modern day stuff was going to be a fairly incisive look at regret, middle aged ennui and dealing with past trauma - but it instead came off to me as cartoonish and disconnected from the other narrative, needlessly overstuffed and lacking any real emotional depth.

I get a bad feeling that this show blew its load with its intriguing premise and a very interesting pilot and that we're going to get the run around, lost style, for another season or two before wondering what went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cracking 90's soundtrack through the season.

Advertisement