Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

Yeah it will be referring to the 85 appoint-able due to receive calls to start in March. They wouldn’t have put any calls out cause they were obviously aware that there was a possibility March intake may not go ahead so they wouldn’t have put calls out and have people hand in their notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

It'll be interesting to see the correspondence, if any, from recruitment. I'll not hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Hi, does anyone know if we get a laptop or even a work phone when we start? Thanks

Yeah I wouldn’t either if we were gonna hear anything it should have been before the news published it

• Advertisement

I know you get a phone at some stage but not sure about a laptop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

Well hopefully it will restart in April again, keep it posted on here if anyone gets any calls! I am waiting on my medical, will be interesting to see if that is paused or will go ahead

With all the funding cut, why is recruitment for the 2022 still going ahead?

I presume they still have to recruit a certain amount of officers? They wouldn’t be able to stop fully or it would become really unsafe but they will prob take even less officers for that intake? The funding hasn’t been fully set yet but with Connor Murphy in charged I’d be surprised if he changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Vi123

When it says approximately 300 retire per year and they expect to have 900 less officers over the next 3 years makes me worry they may close recruitment and have no more intakes. Here’s hoping for a speedy resolution and clarification from all parties involved!

Addition - I don’t want to speculate and cause stress on others, just thinking out loud. Apologies if I cause anyone distress :(

Post edited by Vi123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Surprised there has not been an email or announcement from PSNI today. Even just a bit of reassurance for candidates going through the process.

Did everyone get the email from recruitment. Does anyone know someone that had actually been offered March. The last bit of email suggests that some people and deferrals were offered it.

Yeah I don't think any offers had actually gone out, if that had been the case then folk who had contacted recruitment last week would have been told that

So how are we taking the email? Do yous think it sounds likely it will start back up again or that they are going to end it? Suppose it depends on what funding they are going to receive? Doesn’t sound likely at the min that it will start back up anytime soon 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

Think it’s doubtful they’d scrap the entire campaign, likely a call out for more of a budget. Does anyone know if there’s a certain amount of time you can stay appointable before they would consider scrapping it/redoing it or is there no timescale as such?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Hi are the Ac's for the 2021 recruitment still going ahead. Got my evidence uploaded confirmed email no date yet for Ac yet.

Suppose they will be appointing all successful from 2020 recruitment campaign first.?

Thought we would have an update email today after the press coverage. last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭georgie1305

Highly unlikely they would scrap an entire campaign. The process and time taken to recruit again is too long, I can imagine this applies to both this campaign and the new one (2021). Seems more logical to just carry it on and hold appointable people in the pool until funding and availability. Current stats show only 400 left from previous campaign (2020), (bear in mind, not all of these 400 will make it to appointment), so with natural wastage of serving personnel over the next 6 months, the 400 (or less) will be in low numbers. This would then need a further recruitment, which is where the 2021 campaign comes in.

These are just my thoughts at least.

I am in the latest campaign at the moment and waiting on my AC date. This is certainly something I will be asking at the test centre.

Does anybody know when the new budget will be decided? Hopefully with the publicity around this they will get the funding for it but I guess it’s just a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pcchap

The budget has already been sent out for consultation and is implemented in 1st April, so basically we have to wait until April before they consider making any more calls it seems, so assuming they do start intakes again could be May/June at the earliest I would guess.

https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/2022-25-draft-budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Going off the email they said they are contacting a small pool of people. Has anyone here been contacted directly yet?

No I don't know anyone that has. Annoyingly, the new campaign has gathered pace. I've just been given my AC. Was going to withdraw but might keep it going just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tiedye098

i also got assessment date, I have my medical coming up soon so I really hope I get a call before I have to go ahead with the new campaign, but not looking likely.

This has me very intrigued. Why contact folk if no more offers will be made at this time?

From the email it sounds like they are still going ahead with the Medicals, fitness etc anyway. Personally I would think they would recruit us first over the new campaign when we have done everything and are appoint able. If they don’t get funding it will all probably just be cancelled

I thought it meant they are contacting people who had maybe deferred their dates until March?

They won’t be cancelling it, their not going to waste millions and just cancel it that would be ridiculous. it will just be held back until they secure the funding, new budget will be issued in April so March intake will more than likely be held off till April or may latest, and they can’t take anyone in off the new campaign before ours. That’s not the way it works they have to finish our campaign before starting to bring anyone in off the next campaign as it’s in merit order, they will be a list behind us.

I really hope they do! It does say in the email that some sort of recruitment is preferred so hopefully they just get on with it. As you say it would be madness cancelling it when they have already spent so much on our campaign? It just feels like never ending I finally thought right this is it then I seen the news article

If people from the new campaign become appointable then they will leapfrog people in this campaign who aren't. It has happened in previous campaigns.

• Advertisement

I don’t think many in this campaign are far off being appointable now

Advertisement