Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Attic whiskey find

Options
  • 22-01-2022 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Clearing out some stuff with the oul man last weekend and found some bottles stashed years ago.

Whats best way to sell them, none rare or very valuable we think. ? Only maybe the below Laphroaig

Bells

Haig

Jameson 12 year old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Unfortunately once bottled whiskey doesn't improve with age, but may appreciate due to rarity.

Celtic Whiskey shop has that Jameson (it's from the 80s) for €75. A more recent bottling is worth twice that!

A quick Google suggests a similar price.

No idea on Haig/bells but probably worth less.

Enjoy them! They're worth selling imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Laphroaig might be worth a fair bit, there are people who insist its gone downhill and obsess over old bottlings.

Do you by any chance have the boxes/tubes for any of them? Celtic Whiskey Shop in town may be interested (in the Laphroaig anyway) and there are auction sites otherwise.

The other three - I'd drink them if found in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Yes I have the boxes for the haig, jameson and the Laphroaig.

So best best is to bring them all in to town and see what they offer.

No big whiskey drinkers in the family but if they are not worth much will just keep them i suppose.

Sorry about the photos but can't get them to show correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'd make an offer on the Jameson as a shelf warmer if it was going?

Sure , give me a pm, and discus

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Go to your Inbox, hit compose, and type the username into the box there.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement