Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peacemaker WB DC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it was such a relief to see the sex drugs and violence! and also they also handle the topic of men creeping on women brilliantly and effectively without being preachy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sex , Drugs , Proper rock and Roll , Murder ,Mayhem and Belly Laughs , What a brilliant show .

Cena is a revelation Oh and Fu©K Aquaman , keep fighting the fight Pepethefrog89

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sounds like they got Aquaman mixed up with The Deep from The Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The bit in Episode 3 with Peacemaker talking about butt babies, is that from something else? It sounds word for word like it was in something else and I've heard it before but Google is throwing up nothing.

It was in one of the trailers, so maybe that's where you heard it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode and a nice twist at the end.

I am not a Duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I did consider that, but I'm not sure. I nearly have the likes of Mark Wahlberg or Chris Hemsworth saying it in something.

Maybe it is just from the trailer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Loving this show, great scene in the prison

And Cena has got the dance moves for such a big guy

The only character i am not really liking is the blonde one played by james gunn's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

Only watched the first episode, thought it was brilliant. Looking forward to the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Didn't see the twist coming

I don't think he was like that all along. I'd say he got compromised during the show.. maybe on the op.

Feels like the show might be going into a bit of cost saving for a while and gonna lean into some character and team development.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Another enjoyable episode.

Cena is brilliant in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jennifer Holland? She isn't his wife.

I think she is excellent in it.

The whole cast are terrific Danielle Brooks is a real scene stealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I agree ,I think the whole cast are doing a good job.

The opening credits will never get old either.Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's one of the few opening credits I would never skip!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I find Jennifer Holland a little hard to look at as she has very obvious fillers, especially her lips. She's only 35 and it's making her look like a much older woman attempting to look 35. It's kind of weird and I get an uncanny valley sensation from watching her. There is no real subtlety of emotion in her facial expressions either, which I don't know is acting ability or frozen face. But it's making her all of her reactions to what goes on around her very one note. Like when she picked Adrian up from the jail and he said he thinks he made things worse. She just looks kind of sympathetic and motherly, which is absolutely not in keeping with her character. She needed to be able to display complex emotion there and she didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Clemson looks so like Amanda Waller. Good casting

Yeah there is something of about Jennifer Holland that takes me out of the show when she is on screen compared to the rest of the cast who are fantastic.

The frozen face doesn't help and I just don't she is a good actor either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Absolutely loving this show. Total surprise as I wasn’t expecting anything from it. The opening credits are class. Definitely won’t be skipping those. It’s so refreshing to see a show give the 2 fingers to the PC brigade and just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah, finding this suprisingly enjoyable as well, kinda like the Harley Quinn show.

Cena is very good in this and I think Gunn has done a great job establishing the characters - obviously a huge amount of profane stuff in there but some nice character moments as well.

The needle drops are crazy but it fits the show - in particular the montage at the end of episode 4 was very good.

Another class episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Last week Batman, this week Superman. And previously Aquaman. DC giving them a lot of leeway with what they say about the characters. Now curious to see what he says about Wonder Woman.

Kite Man! Hell Yeah!

Listing all those names was funny, then the post credits scene continuing it.

This show really hits my humour sweet spot

Gunn say he has another spinn off in the works.

“We’re working on something else now, another TV show that’s connected to that universe,” Gunn told us, “I can’t quite say.”

While Gunn did not decisively confirm either Idris Elba’s Bloodsport or Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn characters are the ones he’s considering

Not Harley Quinn please

I think the animated Harley Quinn is enough for her.

Maybe it'll be The Weasel. Give his brother a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: Hrmmmmmm..

Not sure whether Harcourt got butterflied in the butterfly factory. Seemed she acted strange after. Plus some looks with Murn.

For the ending, I think

that could go either way. Maybe Murn wins and turns Adebayo or maybe she takes Murn out.

Oh and.. KITE-MAN!!!

Advertisement