Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will the Rovers ever Return? Your pub megathread, Part 2 - threadbans in OP

1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

its not a **** race and you dont have to be out by xx time

We're going to 24 hour drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Here we go.. Pace yourselves, you don't need to knock back 6 between 6 and 8 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just letting them know in case they have formed a new habit. Could be messy for some if drinking like that until 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Only one pub within walking distance of my house & I'd rather burn it than drink in it, so wouldn't have been going out tonight anyway regardless.

Looking forward to paying a visit to the big smoke soon & finally enjoying some of my favourite haunts there just like it was before.

I'd say this weekend will be like Italia '90 all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

First time in 98 weeks I can go for a pint after work on a Friday with zero restrictions.

Long overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Was in the local last Sat night. Not much change apart from leaving the door on the latch after 8 instead of locking it. Few faces not been seen in a long while, were out acting like they had just been released from Joe Fritzls bunker.

They got a bit of a land when they found out that apart from April and May 2020 and Jan 2021 the pub was serving pints every night.

A few didn't know that the pubs were open before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I was out in mine last Saturday, I was telling everyone in work etc. from late summer on that we were back to 2019 in the pub, he closed on time but we mingled and they served at the bar. What I realised Saturday was we weren't - completely different feel to the place, no yellow signs, no plastic sheeting on the bar, people bet in beside one another, in great spirits, it was such a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Dublin was manic last night with the longest queues everywhere….never seen anything like it before! I queued myself for almost 90 minutes to get into the George but was totally worth it. The atmosphere was just so celebratory and it was amazing to have spontaneous chats with strangers again. Saying that, I’m looking forward to the “novelty” wearing off in a few weeks with normal crowds resuming again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

From what I've been hearing from friends, family, work colleagues, etc. is that your experience is being replicated all across the country from small towns to the large cities. Looks like the demise of the pub was (once again!) greatly exaggerated. Just heading out the door for a feed of scoops myself now, let the good times roll!

Seems the case alright but not in all pubs some are either packed again or a few are dead quiet still for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its great having the pubs back properly, was in Brussels last week and they still had the frustrating 11pm close. Very nice to actually go for a few pints for/after a match/gig and just walk in off the street with little hassle. The beauty of sitting at the bar etc

Its all truly over folks and the start of the GAA Leagues and Six Nations will really drive it home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Close this thread. After last night, it's safe to say the rovers has well and truly returned! Pubs were rocking like old times.

Has anyone else forgotten how to drink? I seem to only manage 3 pints before I want to go hometothe fireside.

Advertisement