Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Read someone say that your man shouted get that drunk piece of trash out of the ring or words to that effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

He didn't mention drunk. I saw a crowd video of it on Twitter but can't seem to find it now.

He said something to the effect of "Call the garbage man and get that trash out of the ring"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Moxley looked fantastic. Fair play to him for getting the help he needed. In ring wise his character had gone a bit stale and directionless since dropping the belt, but now I'm excited to see how the return goes.

I've enjoyed Cody's stuff recently but that promo was a mess. What the hell was the point? If the purpose was to challenge Sammy then make that the focus, instead we got a rambling mess name dropping Red Dragon, Punk, Brody King, Brodie Lee, -1, Darby and loads more, plus some random veiled shots at WWE. I just didn't get it all.

Seemed to be a smaller venue this week? That actually works better sometimes I think. I like hearing the slap of the mat and shouts of the crowd.

Agree with those saying that Archer v Kaz went way too long. Punk v Spears on the other hand was perfect. I also loved MJF's backstage promo... He's great.

Andrade linking up with Matt Hardy seems random. Hopefully they follow through on the seeds of dissension and split up the Inner Circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Jesus, it's meant to be -16 degrees in Cleveland on Wednesday and several feet of snow. Quite a beach break indeed 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Doesn't Cornette call Mox a garbage man? Probably another fanboy doing stuff in his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports that WarnerMedia are not happy with the WWE attack on AEW in the Candian newspapers they veiw it as the WWE personal attack trying to effect their ad revenue.

Roppongi Vice vs. The Young Bucks is off the live Rampage tonight due to medical protocals.

I'm guessing Covid.

Trent vs. Nick in a singles match will happen instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What did Bubba Bully Ray say about Mox, he mad Mox missed shows while in rehab, what's that got to do with Ray, Mox was looking after himself

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Bully Ray said that he should apologise for leaving the fans down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trent heel turn coming?

Bryan/Mox set up.

Find it funny the first TBS title defence is on TNT.

Why do they advertise every time Punk is going to do another promo? And also advertising Britt speaking. They don't have to say everything that'll be on the show.

At this point I'd be very surprised if Danhausen doesn't make an appearance at least in relation to the Gunn Club since wasn't it he who made that A$$ Boys name popular?

Yeah I agree with you about advertising everything. I wouldn't even mind sometimes if a promo at the start of a show leads to a match later that night now and again (not all the time, every few months) just to mix up the format a a bit. Perfect example would have been the other night, Mox does his promo, Ethan Page responds a bit later and that leads to the main event later in the night. I'm sure it would done an even better rating.

I find sometimes that the main event is the match I'm interested in least because they usually start the show with what should be the main event.

Lio Rush gone again he announced he is a free agent on Twitter.

Gonna be a lot of speculation on him leaving I'd bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seriously excited for mox and danielson feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Interesting enough Marko Stunt, Joey Janela, and Brian Cage contracts are expiring soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd imagine Marko & Joey will do alright after their deals expired, Brian Cage, has that guy just completely disappeared off the face of the earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cage is still wrestling in the independents but his wife didnt do him any favors with AEW and plus Brian bar the match against Hangman has been very poor.

It's not entirely his fault, Brian cannot do Promos and isnt a face but for what ever reason AEW pushed him in those directions

Not that pushed about him going tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The reason we see when Punk and Britt are gonna be on to do a promo is that they're a proven rating draw.

It's been a decent week. The Cody Promo was all tit and no nipple - loads of fire and great delivery but no real direction. It's no harm to do a "state of the union" style promo every 6 once in a while, and as an EVP it's fitting that he'd deliver it, but Cody's weird little pocket dimension isn't the place to do it from I think. I think it's best to just assume everything he's doing is a work cause he's got other TV things to be doing that can involve all this too.

Trent's heel turn is coming in strong and may break up Best Friends. Yuta's gonna be the focus of that I'm sure. I enjoyed the Trent and Nick Jackson match.

Similarly, we're seeing the beginning of the end of the Inner Circle with the P&P lads putting Jericho on notice about Kingston. We're also seeing some movement with the newly formed AHFO. I know the HFO isn't a fan favourite, but you do have to have a bunch of people who can job for the face stars and having loads of them makes them a threat. The Dark Order fills this slot for the heel stars - I think Kahn has said as much in the past. I dare say it's faction shake up time all over and it's overdue I think for Inner Circle.

Mox's return was great and the match with Ethan Page was solid. Lining up the Danielson feud should make for a fun time :)

Cole/Baker v Cassidy/Stadtlander was a good match and I'm looking forward to the Lights Out.

Hook - loved it. Squashing Serpentico with all the streamers everywhere gave a unique look to things. He's a more interesting "tiny guy" than Marko Stunt :D Hook v QT works for me too, they might give him Comorato next. It's interesting that Hook seems to have been quietly separated from the rest of Team Tazz - he comes to the ring alone, wasn't in the promo when Starks & Hobbs responded to Dante, Sydal and Moriarity. It lets Hook go be face outside of a Heel stable.

Jade Cargill looked better in the ring with Anna Jay than she did with Ruby Soho I think. I don't know what that really means but I definitely enjoyed this match more. Seeing Jade and John Silver comparing biceps was a silly and amusing bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I noticed Jade seemed to get a bit mixed up at one point. She went to the corner to do something then just sat down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh yea, she still has a very long way to go, but it's great to see improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I thought Anna and Jade wasn't bad considering Anna is not exactly a veteran herself.

Jade and Anna have about 70 matches between them they are both green as grass however you can see the talent and upside to both of them and why they are highly though off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There's possibly an intimidation factor there. Jade and Anna starting at a similar level where they're happy to play to each other's strengths which leads to a competent match.

Whereas Jade facing someone like Ruby, who should be a solid hand, ends up being a bit of a mess because they're trying to deliver beyond expectations. There's nothing wrong with letting someone build their confidence before their expected to be in 4 star matches.

Reports tonight that Roddy could be the next one to leave the WWE.

Full UE reunion in AEW must happen.

John Skyler who was jobbing against the Dark Order and blew his knee out in only his 3rd match with AEW..

I did two or three matches. This was the third match. It was against Dark Order’s Stu Grayson and Evil Uno,” he said. “It’s always the weirdest things that guys get hurt on.”

“Up until that point, I wrestled for 12 years. I had over 1,200 matches. I’ve never had a serious injury. I blew out my knee doing a Ricky Morton forward roll underneath a clothesline. The bottom of my foot caught Uno in the quad, and it caused my knee to shoot out. It’s the damnedest thing trying to explain it,” John recounted.

“I tore my ACL, my MCL, and my PCL. It’s the same day that (Kris) Statlander blew out her knee, so we went and got our MRIs together at the same time. We got the news the next day. They projected that I was going to be out 8-9 months and she was going to be out for close to a year.”

“I got my surgery done in South Carolina and I was back in 7 months. I have to credit everybody at AEW, Tony, and all the EVPs because not having a contact there, they could have sat me at home and said take care of it yourself and figure out what you’re going to do, but they brought me back every week to pay me. They also allowed me to do physical therapy with their medical team there at AEW. They did that for a full 7 months during a pandemic when they didn’t really have to. I’ll always be thankful for that. It was quite an experience, that 7 or 8 months that I did at AEW.

• Advertisement

I really like legit she has something

Penta vs. Yuta was great fun.

The Acclaimed rap was great as always and Billy Gun trying to go old school till Colton cut him off.

Billy and the Ass Boys are the perfect midcard group.

Advertisement