Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wfs forestry investment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hecfran

And..... nothing happened, no written agreement or any agreement of any type

And... nothing happened, no written agreement or in any other form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Murray D

A collective litigation case against them is the only way forward. Individual cases too costly. It would be nice to see justice as their fraud runs into the millions.

Not to worry, yesterday I had another phone call and I was told that there is a delay and I have nothing to worry about. I will let you all know when I get that wanted email with an early exit strategy proposal

Last Friday I got an email with a proposed plan, more updates soon

• Advertisement

We reach an agreement to have the investment bought back by the company in 20 payments, starting from the first of September. I will confirm at the beginning of the month in this forum when the payment has been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ycass

Hi hecfran

Do you have an email address for WFS, or contact number, finding it difficult to get through?

Thanks

Yvonne

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paul58

oday I got a phone call from the company proposing to buy back my investment slowly in 17 monthly payments, an agreement to be formalized Friday this week in written form.

I will make a new post Friday night to keep you updated with the developments

How did you get on?? DId you get paid by WFS. I also have a large investment that the return has been posponed on and just received one eMail to advise its delayed by 3 months but I cannot reach anyone ine WFS by phone or mail..

A whatsApp group would be good

Hi Paul 58

I can not contact them either, all calla ring out and emails returned???

Y

This post is to inform you that the first re-payment out of 20 arrived on the 13 of September. That is a 10 days delay from the expected date, but it arrived

• Advertisement

I got an email with a pdf of a same-day transfer from the bank of Ireland, still it took a lot longer from bank of Ireland to N26, but it finally arrived the first re-payment out of 20

Update

on the 23 of September, I got the second re-payment. That is 10 days after the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shel S

Hi Guys

It seems like I'm going to need help from you. I have investments with them and cant get through. Anyone has their contacts or a whats app group?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shel S

Dear Hecfran/Yvonne

Do you guys have the contact number for wfs or a whats app group. I have investments with them and cant get through.

Thank you

After the second payment, no more payments arrived

27/nov/2021

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just be careful if you are setting up a whatsapp group, some people may not be who they appear to be, this is an anonymous forum after all.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yeah, and I ignored it just like I ignored all your reported posts too. Because we here on F&F are a community of regular posters who mostly have a rough idea who everyone else is from their previous posts. It’s a bit like a herd of cattle or a school yard.

When someone new comes along with a know it all, borderline trolling attitude (read bully) who tries to upset the regular posters with inflammatory posts, everyone knows the best way to deal with a school yard bully is to give them a taste of their own medicine. You can dish it out but can’t take it, so you appeal to mods to solve your problems that you have created yourself.

You have 3 choices;

1. Stay going as you are.
    2. Change your posting style and get accepted by the regular posters, which is going to take a while.
    3. Piss off somewhere else and troll away there.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Musani

Post edited by Musani on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dazzler12345

I invested with this firm.

The principal here is a guy called Craig Hands and the guy is not a trustworthy person. After numerous promises of payment following the fraudulent issuing of a share cert for my forestry investment, it came to nothing.

The addresses used by this director are long out of date and the owners of the addresses currently, have numerous callers and letters from people looking for him.

The company address for WFS in the UK is a brass plate accountancy office, so there is no real point of contact there either.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr Hands, please contact me or if he has arranged to meet you, please let me know. Anyone else owed money, feel free to contact and I will reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rlynchbekind

I am owed a fortune same as urself all calls ignored all emails unanswered. I know where his daughters live etc so I will go after them for my money back if he keeps ignoring me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 james0987

Hey he is ignoring me as well, this guy should not escape easily with our hard-earned money! I am planning to take legal action. So send me PM if you want to join

Everyone, please send me PM if you want to take legal action. I will ask for proof that you are not from WFS so be prepared for that, after verification we can create an email group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 damo92

After a number of broken promises, things are not looking good so I would be happy to discuss taking further action maybe we should start by setting up a Facebook group so individuals can be verified?

Just one point as Craig Hands the director not only controls the company but has also personally spoken to myself and others on here from what I can gather. If we can show that he has lied, or his company doesn't own enough land/trees I think he will be personally accountable.

It would be interesting if we can collate all emails directly from him as he is the director, it will be hard for him to wiggle out of that one if there is anything untoward going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Popup28

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Getting an answer or anything from them is seeming impossible. I'm trying to understand what options are available but don't want these guys to get away with this and start it again somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rlynchbekind

We need to find a solicitor that will take the case does anyone know a solicitor or have a solicitor that would take the case when we all join together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ajaleo

Good afternoon,

I read this thread a couple of days ago and register to communicate with you guys. I am on the same boat.

Interested to file a case too.

• Advertisement

Hi I tried to talk to couple of lawyers. One thing common is they are all expensive and cost is damn high, but here what I gather.

We have to go to high court as the amount is very high. But Irish laws allow us to represent our case. The case would be easy win, so even if we gather and just present our case, we should win. I think, winning the case is the easy part but debt recovery looks difficult.

The following three legal options thereafter presenting the case in the court.

I see only one way out that we prove that he has lied to us and he is a fraud.

The best option would be to issue proceedings against the director of the company for fraudulent and reckless trading, but there is a very high burden of proof to establish this and we have to prove that there was a conscious decision to not repay investments and he has committed fraud.

1. Publication of the Judgement – publication of the debtor’s name and amount owed in the Stubbs Gazette which could affect the debtor’s credit rating
    2. Execution by way of Sheriff – Sheriff can seize goods and sell them for the purpose of raising money to satisfy the debt or enter into an instalment arrangement with the debtor. There is a slight delay at the moment due to Covid 19.
    3. Judgement Mortgage – Judgement Mortgage can be registered against any property or land if the debtor owes any. Once a Judgement Mortgage is registered the debtor cannot sell the land or property until the debt is discharged.

Please PM me if you are interested and we should make a group discussion further. I also emailed to CRO to make sure he does not strike off his company but the status is normal. The problem is CRO can not do anything, such loose laws, he thinks he is in UK so he can get away with it.

So, we should react soon...

Advertisement