Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Expenses / Insurance

• 20-01-2022 7:40am

I expect to have to incur significant dental expenses in a year. Are there insurance products you know of that I can purchase now which will help with the costs of dental work in 11-15 months from now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Tech_Head

Can you tag it onto Health Insurance? With Laya and they added it as an option for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

VHI have a dental insurance product, you should look into it

My health insurance through my job is with Irish Life. I'll call Laya and VHI and see what they can offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭plodder

There are waiting periods but probably in the timeframe you are talking about for major procedures. Orthodontics tends to be longer and routine treatments less. You should be able to check the exact periods from each company (VHI and Decare are the ones I know of). Insurance rarely covers the full cost of the work though and there are plenty of other T&Cs. So, you might want to crunch the numbers and check if it's worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Tech_Head

Spotted this while Googling but don’t know anyone that’s used it. Might be worth looking into

https://decare.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Depending on how significant, look at a HSF.ie cash plan.

Advertisement