Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't I see Rodriguez's name at the end of episode 3?

The same guy who used to do excellent stuff with Tarantino?

Jez, he should be embarrassed to have his name associated with that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Vesta gang was absolutely stupid.

As was wiping out the Tusken Raiders, especially after fleshing them all out and building it up.

I liked the Rancor.

Not the best episode.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The killing of the Tuskan's was ridiculous. This seemed in some way to echo Luke's experience of the Storm Troopers killing his adopted family, but in this instance it was a biker gang (dafuq has that got to do with SW?) who slaughtered a Tuskan camp. Tuskan's, a warrior-like tribe of people who have existed for generations in a harsh desert environment and have leaned to survive the brutatility of the planet. All wiped out, and not one dead biker that I can recall seeing?

It was a lazy and farcical plot line and another moment of eye rolling in a very poor episode.

Anoter thing, at their first meeting Fett should have put a laser bolt through at least one of the power ranger-borgs to show them that he means business and is not to be messed with, preferably the cockney gobshite.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jabba ruled with fear. Boba intends to rule with respect.

I think if he'd shot one of the bikers to show he's not to be messed with, he would have turned people against him. I mean, don't get me wrong, the biker gang suck and from what we've seen of them so far I'd be more than happy to see all of them get shot in increasingly violent and hilarious ways, but I think it would have gone against what Boba wants to achieve.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Didn't think it was the Vespa Mods who took out the Tuskens, thought they were just stealing from the moisture trader?

The Tuskens were taken out by the other dirty bike gang who were linked with the train hijacking I thought?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

That's them, they conveniently left their calling card on the tent so as to leave no doubt who did it. They are also the ones who Fett knocked about pretty much single handedly thereby showing them to be a fairly low level bunch of thugs. Certainly no match for well trained and skilled Tuskan's (fresh from their victory over the spice train escapde and equipped with speeder bikes of their own).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its just a poorly thought through Disney money making machine.

I said it after episode one - Very slow , and not very interesting, riddled with 'silly' bits.

The only thing going for these series, incl The Mandalorian, are the sets, costumes and creatures.

At least they are in keeping with the 'real' Star Wars.

What in the name of Yoda , will Kenobi be like ??? 🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

Part of me thinks that the hierarchy of Disney have a deep subconscious hatred of Star Wars, the original trilogy. They probably never got over the fact how successful it was at creating a cultural mythos fairytale especially in the likes of the USA during the late 70's/early 80's and for the first time in that sort of fairytale realm Disney had nothing to do with it (or the vast amounts of money made from it). I'd say they were livid back then. Now its time for revenge, buy the rights, steal all the best bits and literally $hit on top of everything else. Because that's what has happened.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I haven't either but the commentary is reminding my of this Star Wars-referencing routine by posh Brit standup Simon Evans

All I am saying, is it wise as a society that we choose to reward this excessive level of corpulence with subsidised transport?And I'm not talking about the odd bus pass. I'm talking about these three-wheeled electrical 'obesycles', I call them. I don't know if that is the correct term. You've seen them. Mobility scooters - they were designed for the elderly and infirm but they have been hijacked recently. Not literally, I hope. My God, that would be a long-winded and tedious crime to watch unfold if it is going on. Somehow, they've got hold of them. They look ridiculous. The first one I saw - he was so vast, he appeared to be hovering up the street. He concealed the vehicle entirely. He looked like Jabba the Hutt on a magic carpet. I thought, "No wonder you've put on a few pounds. You've mastered the art of levitation - you won't burn off many calories that way." It's only when I saw a wire basket glinting between his thighs and his right trouser leg started flashing orange as he turned into Greggs, I realised what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

After just 1 episode of Boba Fett? Just calm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm totally calm flaz, and Nah, I'm talkin about all of it, the sorry excuse for the new films and everything else that's gone down with it. And Disney aren't stupid, they actually know how to create gold. Everything they've done with Star Wars has been utter trash, IMO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not a fan of The Mandalorian? And let's not forget Dave Filoni, who's on both projects, practically kept Star Wars alive with The Clone Wars and has been kept on. I have no doubts that Filoni and Favreau are true fans and are capable, and allowed, to make a mistake.

No, I didn't like 'The Mandalorian' either. I found it uninteresting and boring. In fairness, before the vespa gang episode, my main gripe with all these new Television productions, including 'The Mandalorian' is the lack of actual cinematic orchestration to go with the images on screen. Disney can well afford an actual orchestra to create the soundtrack. If you actually wanted to keep the magic of the original trilogy going, the directors and producers should have demanded a John Williams style orchestral arrangement to create the soundtrack. Instead we get a digital keyboard orchestral arrangement, same as was utilised on the likes of 'Game of Thrones'. As much as I enjoyed the first two episodes of this new thing, it was the lack of a cinematic orchestra, which IMO is integral to equaling and creating the world building of Star Wars, that immediately dragged me out of full enjoyment of what I was watching.

buried can I ask why you continue to watch these then if you dislike them so much?

Would your time be better spent watching something you actually enjoyed.

Part of it is a kind of fascination into how Disney have messed it up, considering almost, nearly all of every other single frame of Disney's output has and currently is absolutely gold entertainment. Its fascinating to me how they have gotten the Star Wars universe so totally and absolutely wrong, hence my initial idea this may be due to some long standing resentment that they had nothing to do with the original works. Disney rarely do anything wrong, I find it fascinating they have done so spectacularly here. That's what I enjoy, dissecting works of art and truthfully commenting on them. Its not about me 'watching' anything for the sake of 'watching' it. I like to watch and dissect, that's how I like to spend my time, and not everything I dissect I have to enjoy. Hope that's alright Pepsi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It is such a lazy excuse to blame big bad Disney on everything people do not like about the latest Star Wars show/movie, however all evidence points to them generally letting their subsidiaries do their own thing.

If people are going to moan it should be at Lucasfilm, the vespa gang nonsense was straight out of the prequel trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Mandalorian was good and the character is what Boba Fett should have been. Faceless and emotionless.

The prequel trilogy started the fk up and this just really drags the arss out of it. Leave Fett as a mysterious bounty hunter. Some things are better with a bit of mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

That vespa gang in their boy racer bumper cars, along the crappy cgi, looked completely out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

It really did look out of place ,i said it when watching it the other night that it was the 2nd worst scene I remember in anything star wars.... thought the episode was meh ,very average at best,I'm not convinced they are finished with the sand people story but it also seemed to suggest it as might be so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought that was a great episode, and even though it was a bit slow, it did far more to set the stage for what's to come and garner some interest in it than last week. We're also probably done with the tank and the flashbacks (thankfully).

I'm actually now looking forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another terrible episode - spend over half of it discussing how to get the ship back, then 30 secs killing the biker gang, and even the wookie is a parody now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shouldn't that be Baby Fett

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: OH YOU BETTER BELIEVE I HEARD THAT AT THE END! 🙂

The episode that Filoni is involved with is episode 6 so.. maybe not next week... but maybe he'll show up/arrive next week

Watching the start of this episode was hilarious.. someone in the creative team who thought up Vespa gang clearly made an argument that maybe they should be remindered right at the start of the following episode! 😁

This episode felt like an improvement again.. though after last week it's hard to tell just how much. The pairing of Robert Rodriguez(director)/Jon Favreau (writer) just didn't seem to work well.

This week changed director to... Kevin Tancharoen who.. *checks wiki* .. worked on some Mortal Kombat, some Arrow, some Warrior.. well that kind of explains the

Wookie ripping the Trandoshans arm off

The Fennec Shand story wasn't too bad this week. Ming-Na Wen performed it well too. Feels like she just needs to be given something to actually work with.

I liked the episode this week. It kept me engaged and the ending was a nice tease. Also thought the lep droid was amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

That was a lot better, there's a few logistical things that I can't get my head around though.

(1) They talk of trading spice. Have the lawyers from Dune been on.

(2) That massive cow thing he rides, what does it eat for the size of it.

(3) The rancor, he can't be too happy locked up underground in a cage, how do they feed it too.

Besides all that I'm happy enough

Advertisement