Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 strawberrychick

Post edited by strawberrychick on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Anyone get a call yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Don't think they have. This final step seems to be taking ages.

• Advertisement

Not that I know off, was asking incase people had heard and I hadn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

I emailed recruitment for an update. Confirmed I am appointable and it goes in merit order. Said they are waiting on confirmation of when next course will be. Maybe there isn't a March intake.

What's the odds of calls next week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 pcchap

I spoke to recruitment today on the phone, while they couldn't give me any dates on next intake it didn't seem like it would be soon. But again, they couldn't give much away on the call other than to confirm I'm appointable and they are working on the rest.

They are never going to confirm future intakes they are always going to just give the same response. It’s just a case of wait till your called, it will come it’s just being patient which I don’t think any of us are by this point lol!

seems the next intake of recruits has been postponed...That article on BBC News was a kick in the teeth...Doesn't quite say if March intake is just deferred to April or what the plan is but seems we are in for another delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

Just seen they have now paused the recruitment 😔 this is so disappointing. I’m just waiting on my medical but I guess that won’t happen now either if they aren’t going to recruit anymore?

It’s all over the news! Because the funding has been cut they have now stopped who should have been starting garneville in March. 85 officers. Doesn’t say when it will be restarting either. So basically everything is back on hold with no time frame of how long this will be for 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

With any luck for anyone waiting this is short term and the finances can be secured to get some recruitment up and running soon.

They aren’t going to keep going with the 2021 campaign surely if they aren’t taking us after the money they have spent getting us this far? So gutting for the people that should have been in the March intake. Hopefully with the press all over this they will secure funding to begin again in April, but I guess it’s just a waiting game now

If I had to pull a positive, it says some form of recruitment is preferable. Maybe pull folk through in smaller numbers to keep it moving?

There's nothing that explicably says that nobody will go through

• Advertisement

Yes it doesn't seem they are cancelling recruitment but only deferring it by a month, cut March spending which the article says is 5 million which saves the required amount off the Annual budget and back at it in April perhaps, just pushes everything back another month and no more with any luck...so I hope anyway.

My main issue is lack of communication from recruitment. A few of us contacted them last week to ask for an update. Common decency would have been to give all applicants an update without hearing it in the news.

The lack of communication throughout the entire campaign has been a disgrace. For recruits to find this out through a Facebook news page just isn’t good enough after what we go through to get to this stage. Here’s hoping it continues in April and that they will pump in more money to keep policing numbers at a safe level.

It just says postponed and it’s not finalised, I highly doubt it will be cancelled with a new campaign on the back burner, as they will have to exhaust our merit list before they even start looking at bringing in anyone from the next campaign. It’s just another wait, if those 85 have to wait til April to start then what’s a month on top of what we’ve waited, it is frustrating but it’s completely out of our control at the end of the day, also April is the start of the financial year so they will be getting their new budget 🤷🏽‍♂️

Gutted to say the least. Hopefully it’s just another setback rather than a complete end. Guess we will have to ride out the wait

It will be just a set back it’s very unlikely to be a complete end

I hope you’re right. I’m kinda glad I hadn’t received the call and handed in my notice at my current job, would hate to be in that position

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

They’ll not scrap recruitment completely, just more delays unfortunately. Doesn’t make sense for them to have wasted the money on a recruitment campaign and start up another one just to scrap them completely. I’d say the unfortunate March cohort are being used as the point to drive home that the government promised to increase numbers and have then 1 year later turn around and cut funding. We’ve waited 2 years, just a bit longer to go

I take it nobody actually got called about a start date. I am guessing they mean there are 82 appointable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Hope people didn't get the call and have handed notice in for their present job.

Advertisement