Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engineer Map Costs

• 17-01-2022 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

I needed a map from my engineer for the purposes of a site transfer which I received however, I was charged €140 for it despite the cost of the map being €30.

Is this standard procedure to be charged €110 to forward on a map? I had previously paid the engineer for planning permission.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Different maps for planning and land registry....blame OSI for that one!

Pretty sure your engineer did not simply buy the map and pass it on to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭satnavadays

Yes, I know they are different maps but I can’t see what the engineer did other than buy and pass it on. Maybe there’s more to it but I can’t see what it is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I presume he outlined the site in red and certified the site outline?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭satnavadays

He did indeed. Maybe I’m slight naive as to what their professional fee relates to for this!

I know from doing the most simple of land registry maps, where I know/am familiar with the site, it takes just over an hour to order the map from OSI, download the map, print the map, outline the site in red and certify/stamp it, scan/copy it (for record/copy), write cover note/invoice, email client copy of the map (for record) and post hard copy of completed map off to the client or solicitor.

So there you go. Your engineer has probably charged you (excluding the cost of the map) E 89.43 + VAT at 23% for that hour (or just over the hour).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How much time do you think it took to complete the job? Including any time he spent speaking to, emailing about what you needed etc. Is the above unreasonable to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

prepare yourself for the upcoming professional fees as you go building

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So he charged you €110 to mark out the map, sign it and certify it.

Thats good. I charge €300 so you got a bargain IMO.

Advertisement