Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Purchase made from Ali yesterday morning ( not shipped yet). Will be interesting to see if it beats the sub 3 week delivery time from my last order 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Delivery of antigen tests have a part to play in that.

You may have deliveries on a Sunday depending for the next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭manna452121

Plans are in place for antigen test to be delivered nationwide next saturday and sunday.Some other parcels might also get delivered,its not a full working day just 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

For those of you in the same situation. I asked the sender to start a missing mail request, it was recorded on the tracking number on the 7th Jan that a missing parcel request was initiated and on the 8th the update was that it was processed through the Ireland facility and later in the day arrived at post office and out for delivery.

No scans were done prior to delivery apart from an out for delivery scan the morning of the delivery and both AnPost and Customs stated it was not in their possession as of the 6th of Jan.

So either by pure chance it arrived in the country at 1am on the 8th and was with me by 8am on the 8th or...was just sitting in a depot here for weeks.

I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I have several parcels from EU countries that were sent mid-December and haven’t turned up yet, as well as a letter from France (also posted in mid-December). Can only hope An Post start clearing the backlog soon.

… and don’t get me started on the parcel sent from the NL using Asendia Spain (eh?), which has spend a week in the NL, a week in Germany, and a week in London (where it still is)!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone have experience with how long they hold your non-EU package in customs jail for? I paid customs 2 days ago and no movement, I realise that's no time at all, but wondering is there massive delays with customs even after theyve been paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's delays across the board now with absences due to Covid. I've had 'your mail will be delivered on the next working day" notifications to not get them for three days.

Similar to you on this one though, I paid customs on a non-EU print that came through DHL from Germany on the 9th and it's still listed as sorted. So certainly a delay there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Ordered something from Germany before Christmas. DHL apparently handed it to An Post (they supplied the An Post tracking number) around the 19th. Nothing heard of it since, 24 days later. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 liamo1234

Does anyone know if there are delays for large parcel deliveries? I'm assuming they are delivered seperately to normal post.

Ordered something from germany. Arrived in park west and then transferred to Merrywell DSU.

I have never had it transferred to a dsu as opposed to a normal sorting office. Is there a difference.

My package came today (on a Sunday!, Postman said they deliver Sunday now because of antigen tests) so it only spent 6 days in customs after I paid the fee. Not bad, because I see some people on Twitter waiting for stuff from December and November time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

Any luck with your delivery yet? I ordered something from Spain - the parcel left Spain on 23 December and since then there's been no sign of it arriving in Ireland. I'm hoping it is in a queue in Ireland and not stolen somewhere along the line but there's no way for me to find out what's wrong! Frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Yeah it arrived after An Post held onto it for 24 days or thereabouts!

Glad you got yours - I'll continue in hope then 🙄

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tracked item from the UK has been sitting as "Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12" for five days now. Its sort-of urgent so this is getting ridiculous.

Seperately, conventional letter post from the UK - periodical sent every two weeks, one issue arrived on Monday and the previous one arrived on Tuesday!

Seems to be the norm, I've had UK packages went from 'your delivery has been sorted', to 'we have your delivery in' for days and days and then randomly one day it changed to out for delivery and then delivered

The last tracking message on my package was that it was on its way to destination country on 23 December 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

My experience over Christmas has been of major delays in standard post - internal and external. I got a Christmas card from Dublin this morning. No postmark but pretty sure it was posted before Christmas.

My parcel turned up on the AnPost system when I checked the tracking number tonight - ‘arrived’ in Dublin this afternoon - so there are still significant delays in the system, nearly a month since it left Spain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

An post tracker said on 20/01/2022 ur parcel is in Ireland but there’s a customs charge , my question is how did an post no there were customs charges on my parcel that was still in America 😂😂 I’m still baffled by it , how did my parcel get here before the actual plane did 🤷‍♂️

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If USPS used the electronic data as An Post have been looking for, they will have all the details in advance. Your post in confusing, it says it was in Ireland on 20/1, are you saying it wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JRH

like people have said ... Amazon parcels fly through .. like super quick . Iv been using it quite a bit now as everything from ebay and uk post gets gets returned .

But today ... heres a new one ... Amazon prime (through anpost ) left the box outside my front door . Never seen that with an post before , like the depot is a mile away . No big deal , but just odd , id usually get a delivery note through the door , then collect at depot . Was a pricy enough item also .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

When a foreign postal service "hands it over" it just means it has finished processing in that country.

It's not saying it has left that country. It waits for space on scheduled air flights. If many of these are cancelled a backlog builds up in the holding area.

Quite a few Germany- Ireland flights were cancelled in the past few weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

A parcel sent last Tuesday from Cork to Dublin still isn’t delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭VG31

There are plenty of cases of An Post scanning an item when it arrives in Ireland and not delivering it for days/weeks.

Deutsche Post DHL parcels come by truck from Germany to Ireland so flights are a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Depends on the service requested. Standard international mail from Germany comes on aircraft.

I've had this happen before, an post just leaving an amazon package on doorstep, and no joke I live on the same road as the collection depot!

So usually they just post the 'we missed you' slip through the door. So I contacted an post about it, they told the depot manager apprently, and then the next package I received had "do not leave" written with pen on it.. so they obviously had to tell the post man he can't leave packages on doorsteps.. I'd recommend contact an post if you want and they'll tell the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Happy to report no delays my neck of woods. Package delivered today a day after entering network from abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 malco

Lovely stuff...

08 February 2022 03:11

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

08 February 2022 00:42

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

05 February 2022 02:46

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

05 February 2022 01:59

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

03 February 2022 02:45