Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness *spoilers from post 118*

• 22-12-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

Trailer is here

Hopefully Sam Raimi was given some freedom to take off the MCU director handcuffs and do his thing.

Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

looks like fun....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can't say I'm noticing any obvious influence that would tip a hat that Sam Raimi's directing TBH - which is a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Defintiely seeing connections to Strange in the first Doctor Strange and in the What If...? series I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Are those ruins in space, the same place as where the Kang varient in Loki was hanging out? Kinda looks like it, and looks like the events of Loki and What If (Strange Supreme) will tie in directly to this (and WandaVision obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Maybe also Jennifer Garner then for Elektra?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As I said in the general mcu thread, the film is in the can so this is highly unlikely to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Colin Farrell's Bullseye.

I doubt anything will come of this unless it's already filmed in secert as the film itself should be in the can and ready for release in what 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

seeing Dr. Strange facing himself at the end just reminded me of this earlier (and, despite not having seen DSITMOM, probably better) Raimi film:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Outside of Hugh Jackman / Wolverine and some of the other X-Men, you get the sense Marvel is automatically into diminishing returns with multiverse 'cameos' beyond the undoubtedly fondly remembered Spider-Man cast(s). There was very little else pre-Iron Man that really struck a chord, so you're already down to b-tier cameos. Unless they start bringing back old / retired MCU characters, which actually probably is going to happen at some stage, but even then the particular appeal of No Way Home can only really be done once... outside of X-Men anyway (and maybe Blade, but I'm not sure Disney is hiring Wesley Snipes any time soon!). I'm not even sure DC can repeat the NWH trick with their upcoming Batman multiverse shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think the potential use of B Tier cameos is quite clever, as they would serve as both fun Easter eggs and more importantly as expendable collateral damage if Wanda really is going on a rampage.

I mean no one would really give a crap if Wanda kills Ioan Gruffud's Mr Fantastic or Anson Mount's Black Bolt (I'm just plucking names from a hat, this isn't a spoiler) but it would still be quite the spectacle to see, and serves to give Wanda a much over due showcase of powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I want more Ralph Boener cameos please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think DC got quite the coup with the return or Michael Keaton's batman. In fact there's an argument that that's the biggest cameo/return of them all; with quality over quantity here; the actor who headlined the film that started the whole superhero ball rolling - and arguably, still the best actor to have played the part.

Superbowl night begins!

Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness | Official Trailer

Xavier?!!?

Xavier!!

It's gotta be Xavier!

Can't NOT be Xavier!

Xavier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think it's more than just Xavier.

The other with Xavier are probably the rest of the Illuminati, but in the MCU they've come together to deal with the multiverse. If it is that might mean Reed Richards and that fire person we see could be Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yelpp come here to say damn internet exploded tonight for that trailer.

Honestly is not that surprising we knew that they are coming heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The official poster teases

Captain Carter - there's a fragment of glass reflecting what looks like Cap's shield with the Union Jack on it.

"we should tell him the truth". Well there was a very familiar voice - though I'd say this will be a cameo at most, and a handover at best.

The biggest new entry was the presence of America Chavez in what looks like a supporting role, with some action scenes too. Don't know much of her but IIRC she's a fan favourite of recent years from the comics.

• Advertisement

that trailer looks class...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now I'm guessing the..

MCU is about to get a whole lot bigger.

do spoilers now exist for speculation?

how about speculation is put in the title

(joking)

but spoilers are bull

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some more details in the tv spot

I think Far From Home and a couple others muddied the waters in terms of big reveals and "hidden" character surprises. A lot of folks like their trailers as enigmatic and abstract as possible so discussing their detail ruins that a little. I suspect with the Multiverse doors fully blown open there's going to be a LOT of comebacks, cameos and "surprises" coming down the tracks; maybe "SPOILERS" can be added to the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't see the point in using spoilers for a trailer so watch out below.

That's an intense trailer (and TV spot). There's soooo much going on in there and it does appear that it'll tie in to WhatIf with fricking ZOMBIES and Socerer Supreme (tentacle attack looks like it's from WhatIf)! Agent Carter is also teased in the poster apparently. I don't think there's much point trying to read in to who the fireball character is. There's a strong possibility that those visuals are manipulated to some degree to throw everyone off the scent. Also 100% that is Xavier. There is no way they'd use him for another purpose, especially after the last, ill-received, X-Men fake out. I don't know anything about what that council is from the comics but my read of it is that this is another earth where Tony created Ultron successfully, there are X-Men, FF, and all the other Marvel characters. I'm not sure if they are going to be some sort of multiverse police as the multiverse only just started unraveling. Anyway, loads of goodies there to dissect. This is gonna be Endgame levels of huge for the MCU.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From the far flung future, first gay Latina character in Marvel, has standard superman powers flight/strength/invulnerability but also a real cool ability to literally "kick" star shaped holes in dimensional walls so is a portable multiverse story generator as she hops between them all the time.

Definitely up there with Ms. Marvel in terms of popularity for the more recent Marvel creations. Most well known for hanging around with the Young Avengers characters we're seeing everywhere in the MCU at the moment (Billy and Tommy, Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, young Loki, Eli Bradley). So I think we're definitely seeing them soon. Has a thing for Kate which is AFAIK unrequited.

Ta for that. I wonder how much will be 1:1 with this version; the MCU has tended to tweak, or indeed wholesale alter, characters from page to screen.

• Advertisement

Advertisement