Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

I hate the lot of you with your small gains!!!

@DvB what's sprinting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That thing you do when you hear last orders being shouted at the bar!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Week 0: 93.9kg

Week 1: 90.9kg (-3kg/6.6lbs) -

Three things for this delta to bring it back to reality:

1. Today the 9th day of week one as I forgot to weigh myself two days ago.
    2. Water weight. Some may remember I have gone gone this path last September, week 1 that time I lost exactly the same amount, 3kg. Then it was a normal struggle to shift weight and there will be bounce back and I may be up this time next week.
    3. I was ill last week so I think that added to the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

A loss it still a loss.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Little victories Jude, take them where you can & move on.

Did my first proper gym session since christmas week last night, not gonna lie it was very very tough, struggling to get air into my lungs at times and my aerobic fitness has evaporated, did 2 10k runs on 20 & 23 Dec in reasonably decent times, last night struggled to hit the 5k mark in 28 minutes and was gassed at the 5k, no way was I going any further.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Im never awake that late. Its sad to think that it has been years since I have heard last orders, many years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well done Jude that's an amazing start.... Ihavent brought myself to step on the scales. I am still fueling myself on chocolate to survive the baby lack of sleep. I imagine when I do step on I'll be crying in chocolate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Very true, 7:30pm being last orders, and my wee ones bed time. My bedtime is 9:30, rock star lifestyle.

@Loughc this is time of your life you shouldn't be stepping on a scales. I took full advantage of my sympathy pregnancy.

I am certain I have undone all my losses by eating a whole wheel of camembert, crackers, and cold cuts, along with a full portion of chicken tenders, a M&S fish cake, and few square of chocolate. I think it was 2,00 calorie sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭tinpib

I'm (42/Male) down 0.8Kg in 2 days just by switching to low carb diet. Yes, it's just water weight but it's a huge motivator when you see such instant results.

For example yesterday I ate:

coffee with milk and Flahavans flapjack when I wake up.

1/2 pot, so around 200g of Skyhr high protein yoghurt from Aldi when I get hungry after that, about 2 hours later

Felt hungry during my "workout", so I had my protein shake. My "workout" consisted of 4 X 8 barbell curls, that's it. I absolutely hate lifting weights.

Lunch was 3 grilled rashers, 3 eggs scrambled with a little butter

Dinner half a pork fillet grilled, so I guess around 275/300g. It was half of the shrink wrapped ones from Aldi, and a bag of fresh green beans, so around 200/250g or whatever it is. Then made a bit of dipping sauce for flavour for the pork, some sweet chillli sauce from Asian market and sirracha mixed for a bit of heat.

Crucially, no snacking after dinner, which I would have done over Christmas.

As I say it's the instant results from a diet like this that will help you stick with it. I don't have much to lose so in general I try and eat like this Monday to Friday, more relaxed at weekends. When I wanted to lose a bit more weight last spring I was slightly stricter at weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

All this talk of the great reset, I think I’ll have to follow suit

Week 0: Most (not all) of my losses from last year regained 💪 Happy new year 🥳

Exactly, what is Christmas for other than to eat and drink too much!

@tinpib Myfitnesspal app and a scales to weigh all your grub before you eat it if you really want to be in a deficit.

Yep, I've done all that, and I know it works. Prob tracked every morsel for maybe 5/6 months total over the last 3 or 4 years. So I've a got a good handle on what calories are in what.

I've been banging on about a scales, MFP and weighing all your food to friends who have been trying to lose weight themselves and sadly it's like talking to a brick wall.

Ditto, though I am not living that way quite yet as I am breaking my diet so often int he last two weeks. Last night was a milkshake, burger and messy fries as it pretty much a whole day at the office, 7-10.

Was at a weight I was more or less happy with on Wednesday, was the same weight on Thursday, happy days so relaxed my diet on Thursday and continued over the weekend.

I've put on 1.4kg since then. Wow. I know it's probably all water weight but I still got a shock. So as always on a Monday it's back to my low-carb, high-protein meals even though I don't want to. Hopefully it drops off as suddenly as it went on.

Week 2: 91.6kg (+0.7kg/1.5lbs)

Drink and chocolate. Also unable to run as I have injured my Achilles again. Work is mental so little gym.

Week 1: +4.2lbs

Eh…I know I didn’t try very hard but I wasn’t expecting that 🙈 I’m going to attack the snacks as aggressively as I can this week and see where it leaves me. I had a raw carrot with my post work coffee today instead of 27 celebrations and 13 biscuits 😝

I’m just gonna discard this week and start again from next week 😝

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fair play for weighing in and being honest. I still haven’t had the balls to weigh in yet.

• Advertisement

I made the mistake of stepping on the scales this morning, was gutted (literally) to see instead of any loss despite cutting back on the crap & getting to the gym 4 times in the week I'd actually gone up 2lbs since my last weigh in 2 weeks ago... so basically am now 7lbs above where I was pre christmas.... & i genuinely thought i did well in that time... seems like I need to get serious now & stick solidly to main meals & no snacking at all.

I am too afraid to weigh in. I logged my 'bad' week above with a weight gain. I then proceeded to make my bad week look like it was a great week by going off the rails last week.

I couldn't close my suit trousers today. So slacks it is.

If it's any consolation (probably not) I haven't weighted myself either so I'm still 90kg, or so I'm telling myself!

I would need a Hommer towel rail incident to get a loss.......

Still haven't weighed myself in, my biggest win this weekend was I didn't buy any chocolate in the shops we were in on the weekend, despite Tesco having loads of new yummy easter treats, I was like I'm sick of feeling like sh!te.

We had the kids birthday on Friday, so Saturday we went out for Thai food & had some drinks after back in my sisters house. We than had the family around to ours for cake & coffee yesterday & I had a chunky oul slice of chocolate cake & a few other nibbles... cant see that helping matters 😀

Have to see how I get on this week, with the birthday stuff gone I have a clear line in the sand now so no less options to munch on treats/snacks!

To buck the trend I’m actually having a good week so far. I’m sticking to my main meals and have reduced snacks to maybe an apple or some carrot sticks. No booze over the weekend either. Feck me it’s awful hard 😵

Week 1 (ish): -6.2lbs

Delighted with that. Avoiding the snacks has gotten a little bit easier as the week has gone on

• Day 0 - 104.4kg

The heaviest I have ever been. My diet has been appalling for the last few months and have done zero exercise.

Joined a gym this morning. Going to use this thread as a motivator.

Ugh...

You did the hardest part by starting! Best of luck you can do this!

• Advertisement

Did my weigh in. I have been ill and over worked so no runs or gym. Goal is 84kg.

Week 2: 91.6kg (+0.7kg/1.5lbs)

Week 3: 90.7kg (-0.9kg/1.99lbs)

Advertisement