Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@[Deleted User] I could not see any attraction to Gabriel Byrne whatsoever. He's very intense.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The app is down so i cant check ticket, well, i'm sticking with that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The app is back now Grem 👍

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Winner wasn't me anyway 😒

Think I'll go back to plan B now.

Amy wealthy gentlemen on here, ahem, with a dodgy ticker???

• Advertisement

I'd nearly join you Purple!!

Bedtime. Didn't win a bean on the flippin lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just back from the barber shop, this time no shave so mask stayed on.

Will leave to another hotel on Tuesday for another rotation of quarantine, should be 3-4 weeks :):) Its kinda like 2020 around here, nothing changed. But at least i get to work today so will see some sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Missus is a big time foodie, she craves the hottest sauces that you can ever imagine, so for her not to have her taste/smell sense is a major annoyance to her.

We have always known that the vaccines aren’t to stop you getting COVID, but to keep you away from hospitals and serious illness. Somehow i see next autumn we shall be offered the 2022 booster to protect us for the winter, then the 2023 / 24 / 25. I hope that at that stage I’m outta quarantine :):)

Jeez @smurfjed that sounds bad 😳😳

• Advertisement

Winning ticket sold it Mayo...hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.🙄😥

My mother won €9 from last night's lotto.

That's the extent of the winnings I've heard of!

Getting prepared to get up here too. Must remind all my mayo friends how much they mean to me....

Oh yes I did see someone mention that it registered here on seismographs (sp) here.. The satellite view of the eruption is quite something. Must go looking for other footage later.

Have you noticed the rise in barometric pressure too so?. I agree, a huge event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm no weather expert but I met a chap today who said he could notice something on his barometer. 😯

Said chap was met on a change of plan walk. Couldn't handle the Wicklow mountains, but ended up on a tougher trek. Got dropped in Castletown, Westmeath and walked the rail trail to Moate. 16 feckin kms! All flat, but long. Mrs G and Ms G went into Athlone and were waiting on my aching legs in Moate station with a big ham and cheese salad roll. A really nice amenity and probably more suited to bikes over a stretch like that. Mid roll, I got chatting to the barometer man and yes it is truly amazing that after effects could be seen in this part of the world.

Home just before dark and we are all tired. Takeaway is incoming. I'm suppin a beer and the ladies are watching the Book of Boba Fett. I'm up to date on it.

Surprised myself it didn't make bigger news..

Work trundle, well actually sat on a bus with no driver.. 🙄

Heading home after a Sunday drive 🥰 Nice to be chauffeured 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I was reading that they heard it in Alaska, over 5000 miles away

Correct, referencing krakatoa was quite right of you. However it's not newworthy unless there is a humanitarian aspect aka deaths

• Advertisement

Whoooo it's cold, thankful for the full moon effect, all my werewolf hair will keep me warm 🐺

I thought it was the bear traps you had down??

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm more your dour, plain and demonic type, people see that handy enough!!

I can't scream funny enough, my voice just won't do it 🙄

Do try and unplug, you'll zombify yourself..

Frosty pretty morning.

Only -4 walking the boss this morning 🥶🥶

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, work office, getting material together for two afternoon lectures. Mondays.... (sigh) 😬🙄

Absolutely drained as I got rotten sleep last night - kept waking up every 45 mins or so. Very chilly, crisp day out there today!

I’ve had enough of today

• Advertisement

Tired. Roll on morning haha

Advertisement