Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reverse Osmosis system

• 09-09-2020 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

I am considering getting the reverse osmosis system in our house. We buy lots of bottled water as our own is very hard with limescale & god knows what else it contains... I have heard of the water filter men in co Louth. Their charging 280 which is the best I’ve seen yet price wise. Has anyone else dealt with them? Would you recommend them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Have not dealt with them, but I have a 5 stage RO system. It filters water and puts some calcium back into drinking water. Very happy with it. Water very nice out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sir_luksik

Can you recommend any particular company? There are a good few on the market and the prices vary from 280e to 600e. I'm looking to buy one but not sure what's the best value? Did you get the system with the tank? Not sure if it's needed or not and it takes a lot of space under the sink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Yes got RO system with tank under sink. It takes over entire press really. I did buy a tri flow tap so we didn't need to drill the worktop. That was one complaint I had with company who did mine, they'd only fit their own triflow tap, none of which were nice. So I bought my own independently. That problem only arose the morning of installation. So they half installed the system, my plumber had to come to connect it up to triflow tap and then and then they came back to finished commissioning. Hassle I didn't need and farcical stuff really given the tap connectors are standard.

Will pm the company. I will say despite that hassle, very happy with performance of the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Looking into this also if you wouldn't mind sending me details of company used? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SeanElec1

I have a LANG RO unit. Standalone, not plumbed in. I just RO my drinking water, not cooking water or tea/coffee. It does a boiling hot flush every 2 days, and the water tastes much better then what comes directly from the tap. I can recommend, although I have it only for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement