Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Dynamite was ok overall. Didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Punk v Wardlow was decent, Wardlow was made to look like a beast. When he turns on MJF properly he'll get a good reaction. I wasn't massively enthused about the rest of the matches.

They were OK as matches but apart from the overall Team Taz trying to get Dante storyline there wasn't much of a story behind them that would explain why they weren't on Rampage or Dark/Elevation. I'm not as high on The Acclaimed as others are.

I don't think Adam Cole and co need Britt with them either even though it was logical that she'd run in to attack Statlander.

• I think every backstage interview was interrupted on Wednesday. Has to be a pisstake at this stage.

Yeah the interruptions to set up a future match are wearing a bit thin for sure. They need to get a bit more creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't see how Wardlow looked like a beast. He obviously isn't gonna beat Punk so having him use a half dozen powerbombs and one through a table only to lose to a sloppy inside cradle only serves to make Punk look like 2016 Superman Roman.

Hobbs losing to that CAW is dumb too.

Archer is a good challenger for Page. The chair spot was brilliant and I like that he actually throws big swinging Undertaker right hands too. More wrestlers need to actually punch.

Just in terms of his physical strength mainly. He destroyed Punk for most of the match. I didn't mean it made him into a star by itself. The finish wasn't great alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Antics21

Logically, to my mind, MJF should have stopped Wardlow from winning the match. Then Wardlow has the perfect excuse to turn on MJF. There still a bit to go to the March ppv and I don't see how the way the match on Wednesday helped the Punk MJF feud develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Poor Dynamite overall. Crowd were atrocious and it didn't look like it sold well based on the dark lights on the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Buckle bomb mention!

Liked Stark's t-shirt choice. All these others wearing rock or metal bands and he comes out wearing Garth Brooks.

How is Spears still using a gimmick based on hitting Cody with the chair way back near the beginning of AEW?

😂

WWE Statement issued to the Toronto Sun about AEW.

“If you look at the gory self-mutilation that bloodied several women in the December 31 event on TNT, it quickly becomes clear that these are very different businesses. We had an edgier product in the `Attitude’ era and in a 2022 world, we don’t believe that type of dangerous and brutal display is appealing to network partners, sponsors, venues, children, or the general public as a whole.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I fell a week or so behind in my AEW watching over Christmas and have only caught fully back up to date this morning. Plenty of good stuff over that period, and plenty filler too.

Some very random thoughts:

• Cody has been a highlight recently - although I would have preferred someone other than Sammy to be the interim champion if they were insistent on going the interim champion route.
    • A common complaint is that the women are not featured enough. Well at the moment we've got feuds between Shida and Deeb, Thunder and Mercedes Martinez, something bubbling between Leyla and Statlander, Britt/Riho has just concluded, Jade has just won the TBS touranment, and Tay/Jay v Penelope/Bunny seems to have ended with that excellent streetfight.
    • Hangman v Archer feels underwhelming but hopefully it's just a 2-3 week thing to keep Hangman going before his next big feud. Adam Cole?
    • CM Punk v MJF has been excellent. And the Wardlow issues bubbling under alongside adds a nice layer of depth and intrigue. I thought he looked like a million dollars against Punk.
    • The piped-in cheers on Rampage are getting more and more annoying.
    • Those everyone have to wear those Nike shoes? Shawn Spears in his suit wearing them was the final straw for me.
    • There's far too many matches where the winner is obvious beforehand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Forbidden Door about to be blown open at the Rumble...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He's not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is definitely an angle. Although showing up at the Rumble would be absolutely gas but he obviously won't.

The man has a solid career outside the ring thanks to Warner Media and he's not going anywhere that would jeopardise that.

I reckon this will play into his heel turn, with him not getting the respect he deserves and threatening to leave, 'Spring of Cody', then he signs a new contract that allows him to challenge again for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GCW Hammerstein next weekend and BOLA the week after, both flagship shows so would be gas if he made an appearance at one.

• I find Sean Ross Sapp quite reliable with his news but he's definitely been worked with this one. AEW wanted this out there for storyline.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Definitely sounds like it to me on Rampage, more so lately. The ringside fans sitting on their hands but crowd noise on the broadcast really loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cody thing has to be a work. He's down to appear Wednesday night so guess we'll see then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I've noticed that the last few weeks, especially during Cole/Trent nearly every move got a "reaction" while everyone was sitting down not moving

So does that also mean Brandi doesn't have a contract either then.

Tony must have only given Fuego a 5 month contract then that ended over the weekend lol

It's work no doubt with them working in the interm title just adds to it at Cody goes rogue working with the TNT title outside of AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭rodders999

I’ve been meaning to post about Rampage jacked up crowd effects over the past few weeks, full of massive cheers for basic spots in matches in contrast to the more mute crowd reactions to similar spots during Dynamite. It’s really annoying and fake sounding.

Someone’s using the 48 hours between Wednesday and Friday to juice up the crowd reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They're referring to Fuego II - which is Cody under a mask tagging with Fuego - who still is contracted. It's an odd situation alright, expecting a Brian Pillman level work here honestly.

Danhausen needs to be brought in for a run with the Ass Boys at the very least.

Mark Henry making a few references to Regal on Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Sydal and Moriarty are a good pairing, could see them being built up for a shot against Jurassic Express on a future Rampage.

Just reading that Kingston is out of action for the next few weeks with a broken orbital bone, sucks. Might affect his match against AJ this weekend too!

I wonder will FTR show up for The Briscoes open challenge this weekend at The Hammerstien

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If say The Butcher will be a wrestler full time now that every time I die have split

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Advertisement