Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

196979899100102»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's a little complicated but yes is the Answer however what the amount will be or how it effects your other social welfare payment is a little more unclear.

Scroll down on attached link to other welfare payments and EIB .

You might get more responses in the state benefits thread 😏

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/covid19_enhanced_illness_benefit.html#lac761

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Pacman2D

Thanks so much man ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No problem, if you look under state benefits forum , there's a thread on this topic an excellent Mod, Cherry Blossom was in the same situation, very helpful . Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Need some help as my head is melted atm

I've been deemed a close contact and the person who tested positive but cant get a PCR test, my employment have me down as 'unpaid sickness' and been told to apply for the enhanced illness benefit as i have to isolate/restrict movements. I applied to the HSE to get a pack of Antigen tests today and have yet to receive an email or text from them.

As i need prove of a text from the HSE when im applying, would the text about me ordering the Antigen tests do as proof (whenever i do get it) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,196 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yes the text about you ordering antigens will do as proof for the enhanced illness benefit. Text should come once they're dispatched according to HSE.

• Advertisement

Tests arrived just now but no text or email

Lord give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

anyone know if there’s a current backlog on enhanced illness benefit payments?

I applied Friday and haven’t heard a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Daughter in the same situation. Rang the HSE helpline ( it's a painful wait) they took details and said she would get confirmation asap. Looks like the text system isn't set up yet for antigen ,only PCR

Reckon I'll have to do the same thing

Odd that I sent a pic of the tests and packaging and on mywelfare it says 'enchanted illness benefit' awarded with the start date been 3rd Jan. Not convinced its actually approved

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I applied Monday (for Illness Benefit from 27th) but haven't heard back yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭glen123

I am sure there is a good bit of a backlog when it comes to Enhanced Illness Benefit.

My son applied on the 20th of Dec, only got paid today, the 6th of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Is there a stipulation in the Covid-19 illness benefit that says you are not eligible if you have been paid from your employer? I cant find anywhere on the govt websites that stipulates that to qualify you must not have been paid when isolating.

Curious because friend was paid when isolating but had 5 days of annual leave taken to make up for the time, so basically lost a weeks holiday for later in the year.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Employer should not be taking annual leave from him.

It's actually really, really disgraceful behaviour for the employer to do that, and illegal to use annual leave when sick.

He was on sick leave - If employer pays sick leave, then they pay it and that's that. They can't take annual leave from them.

By right, what should be happening there is if employer does pay sick leave, give the annual leave days back. If they don't pay sick leave (as per contract), then annual leave days should be given back, enhanced illness benefit applied for and retrospectively the pay by the employer is given back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

The employer doesnt pay sick pay as per contract. The illness benefit is 350 so they will be down 600 on the week if they give back the annual leave pay and claim the benefit.

Really a **** position to be in.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

By the law, that should be what happens I would say, however I'm not in Employment Law!

I suppose they could just leave it be so and accept the lost annual leave if that won't F up future days they wanted.

If they want to go by the law though I'm not even sure of the next step to take.

My illness benefit claim is now closed and not a single word from the department

No idea what to do now, haven't been paid the €350 yet

Still no payment for the EIB

Claim awarded one day and closed the next, not a word from the social

Frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Applied for illness benefit last Monday, Account wasn't verified on mygov so couldn't check progress. Got that verified today and it says claim closed but when I check the payment history it has the payments there for the dates I requested. Presume I will be paid this week?

What days is it paid? Tuesday and Thursday?

Did anyone get paid the EIB that were told to self isolate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Jafin

After getting a positive PCR or just from having a positive antigen, or something else? I had a positive PCR and got the payment.

• Advertisement

I was demmed a close contact and had to self isolate for 5 days and take the HSE Antigen Tests. Of course no text or email from them to confirm they sent them out. Awarded the benefit one day and then claim closed the other

No joy from an email I sent, **** infuriating

Ah crap, sorry can't help with that unfortunately. :( Best of luck getting it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

I applied on the 5th and got a cheque in the post yesterday for €350. I just uploaded an image of a positive antigen test (HSE one). Not sure why I got a cheque as I filled out bank details (Revolut).

Is it €350 for the 10 days or will I get another payment? All very confusing.

MyGov account is verified and all I can see if my Illness Benefit payment has been completed. I can't actually see if it was 'successful' or not. Is there a way to see?

I only found out when it went into my bank account. I'd say give it a few work days and see if money goes in.

Don't think I'm getting the full €350 enhanced Illness Benefit

As I was getting Xs and Os it's getting deducted because of that.

Still as confused as ever and make its even more annoying is that it was pointless doing the isolation

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Marymoore

Does anyone know how this works, how they know how long you will need off work? Can you get it if you only miss 3 days of work or do you need to be out for 7 days? Also is it only for people who need to isolate or can those who could work from home but feel too sick to work claim it too

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

Does anyone know how to get through to these people?

I was off sick for two weeks at the end of February. I submitted my illness benefit application during those two weeks via MyGovID.ie and roughly two weeks later, they chased me for the certificate of incapacity which I sent in hard copy to their services. I never heard back and when I checked my application on MyGovID.ie, it went from "under review" to "no ongoing claim". There is no payment in the payment history tab either.

I have tried ringing them on numerous occasions and I am met with an automated message saying they are too busy, then the call drops. I tried sending them emails and those went unanswered too.

I'm honestly at loss here because my employer deducted the illness benefit from my last salary and now I'm out of the money on both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Hope this is the right place to ask.

I was under the presumption you only needed a positive antigen to apply but I read different online.

Basically a friend working x and o's has a positive antigen and is under 30.

Do you need a pcr test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cianon

Hi,

I have applied for Enhanced Illness Benefit and as a self-employed person have received the following response

"Please provide evidence that you are registered self-employed with Irish Revenue..."

Does this just mean a previous tax return (last one is 2020) or is there something else I could show ?

Thanks.

Advertisement