Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASUS VivoBook 15 K513 15.6in i3 8GB 256GB Laptop - Silver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SmithJames84

Seems extremely expensive for an i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

If you pick the processor on its own, yes. But you won't find one with OLED screen, which is used in more premium laptops. The best that you might get is an IPS screen. I3 can easily handle most basic tasks and applications. But screen is what you engage the most with on a laptop. As said would be perfect for videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭billyhead

So the better deal is Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

I've reserved one. I don't want a laptop for gaming, just basic browsing. This should be grand.

I'm on a much older Lenovo i3 (6500) now and run Adobe creative suite on it with no issues.

This is a great buy IMHO, and I should really order one myself but I just don't like glossy screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Hi there

Would anyone kindly oblige and take the time to compare above laptop to this one

HP 15s-fq4553sa 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, 256 GB SSD, Silver

Same price in curry’s

just looking for something for browsing, sending a few emails , storing photos, online work courses, nothing too hectic

response in layman’s terms would be great …….you may have guessed I’m not much of a techie

thank you so much in advance

HP has a much faster processor, but half the RAM - 4GB just isn't enough IMHO.

The screen on the Asus is the best selling point I think, it will be great for films and photos. It also has a backlit keyboard.

I would go with the ASUS.

Advertisement