Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John's Garage Irish YouTube Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

There is a cool looking sound system in the 4th last image, looks very 80s cool 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Some very cool little extras alright, I love those foglights that the cover opens when you press a button

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I had a boxy 5 door 1 litre with the 5 speed box a few years ago, it was the best car in the bad snow we had as with the skinny tyres would go anywhere and was passing out 4x4 on the roads with ease

Had the same previously with a little Clio. Like a mountain goat for the same reason.

This week on John's Garage I'll be taking a 1987 BMW 525e for a drive. The video will be available on Thursday at 1pm. Don't forget to subscribe to see it first.

• Advertisement

This week on John's Garage I take a drive in this mint daily driven 1987 BME E28 525e. 

Please don't forget to subscribe to the channel to get access first to the release of new videos. 

As ever next week will see a History video of the E28 inclusing vintage ads, period and modern BMW promo videos and more so make sure to subscribe to see it. 

Just a last minute bump on tgus before tomorrow's History Video on the E28 for anyone who missed it. Been a hectic week here so haven't had a chance to get back to it all.

This week on John's Garage we take a look at the history of the BMW E28. This week we have a real treat ins tore with vintage ads, development videos and footage of cars from the BMW museum and test track in Munich. Enjoy! 

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Hi John

Great Video and well done, Maybe if you could get your hands on a windscreen mount for the camera it would stop you having to take yours eyes off the road so often and it would look more like the other channels on youtube. Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I enjoy these videos.

Could I suggest trying to stick to one look on the thumbnails? One font, one colour and don't deviate? PM me if you want me to come up with something for you. (for free).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Subscribed

Fingers crossed you review an old civic

I'd love to and I spotted your comment under the MX5 video today.

I had money put aside for a new camera and mount and on the last shot of the E30 video the wind blew over my tripod and broke the phone screen I was using.....cost €300 to replace.

We also had a new baby arrive last Friday which has curtailed any spending plans for the next while.

I do have cameras and mounts picked out which would allow me to film on my own but I can't see them being bought in the next couple of months.

HOWEVER, if anyone happened to have an old camera with a mount that is working fine I'd be interested if I could pick one up cheap.

This week on John's Garage we'll be having a good look around this time warp Mini City E. Video will be available tomorrow. Don't forget to subscribe to see it first https://youtube.com/c/JohnsGarageIreland

This week on John's Garage we take a look at an original Irish Mini City with LESS THAN 9k miles from new. This car is completely original, never restored, painted or modified right down to the original stickers under the bonnet and tiny 10 inch wheels! Hope you enjoy it 

https://youtu.be/tr0IFdrZqWI

Tomorrow folks we'll be taking a look at the development and launch of the original Mini.

I also have a request, if anyone is familiar with the launch, sales, production and general history of the Mini in Ireland and who would be happy to share this with me (off or on camera) I'd love to create a video dedicated to it. Please contact me at johnosgarage@gmail.com

Don't forget to subscribe to see the video when it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Will be an interesting one. Was ground breaking for sure when designed.

This week on John's Garage we take a look at the development history of the original Mini. As usual the video is full of original advertisements, video reels and information!

Don't forget to subscribe. 

This week on John's Garage we take a look around this beautiful and near mint 1989 BMW 316i. I'm hoping to trace a previous owner of this car but you'll have to listen in tomorrow to find out why! 

Don't forget to subscribe to see it first!

This week on John's Garage I need your help!!!!! Watch the video of this weeks car, an incredibly MINT BMW E30 316i to see how you can help.

Don't forget to subscribe fo more videos and to see them FIRST

• Advertisement

This week on John's Garage we take a look at the history of the BMW E30, including a LOT of period promotional videos footage. Don't forget to enjoy and subscribe!

Excellent. Love the archive footage you dug up to go with the compelling history lesson.

First up, HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported the channel so far. This week will see the upgrading of the channel in EVERY respect, new camera, sound equipment, camera mounts and software. 

And thanks to an anonynous channel fan NEW LOGOS. 

But we're still focusing on Ireland and modern/retro/vintage cars here. 

I'm filming like mad this week to get content to keep things going until Easter, so far we've recorded a proper piece of French luxury from 1984, a car that was cubed on the factory floor, some hot cats from France and in a couple of weeks a rare gullwing sports car...... and nearer to Easter the first car that put the peddles in the correct order. All of these have contributed to motoring in their own way over the past 100 YEARS. 

Don't forget to subscribe and click the video below and try to guess what car is REVVING UP for our new starting sequence. 

Tomorrow on John's Garage I'll be taking a Renault 25 GTS for a drive with the owner. Subscribe at the following link to see it first

https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnsGarageIreland/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

where do you get your hands on all these cars?

Haha, can't let the cat out of the bag on that one, but make sure to subscribe as there is a LOT of great cars on the way.

And for everyone else, here is the link for this weeks drive of a Renault 25 GTS. Don't forget to like, subscribe and PLEASE share!

Hope you all enjoyed this week's video, let me know if the new camera is an improvement.

I'm filming a Pug 508 PSE tomorrow. Let me know if youd like to know anything

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nice video. Very rare car around my neck of the woods. Think there was only ever 1 owned locally here.

Camera is better for sure.

I remember them locally but we had 3 dealers close by so Renault were always popular.

I've more French greatness tomorrow, 508 PSE and a 406 V6 Coupe......

• Advertisement

My mates dad had one of them with the fancy sound system. He was the CEO of a state company. The height of luxury back then. New gear is working well, sound and vision better.

Advertisement