Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

From a salary perspective, how does an Executive Officer go from EO salary scale to Executive Officer Higher Scale salary?

Do your responsibilities have to change or is it based on length of service or to keep you in a team where you might want to move on etc? Just wondering as I am new to the Public Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

A certain percentage of each grade get higher scale. It’s usually based on service. The date of start at grade that is currently in receipt of higher scale is published by the union every year. As far as I am aware it’s about Oct 2013 now for EO. So those starting as an EO after that date would be on regular scale. Most of those before that date would be higher scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Just to add that it isn't always down to service. Certain departments will make you fill out a full competency form to apply for higher scale. When I was an EO, I applied for higher scale a number of times. Never got it, despite having over 8 years service at the grade. Sometimes it can be worthwhile to concentrate on getting promoted instead, especially if your department will be making you go through an application process

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slave77

Email response today for Mayo....

"We have reached batch 2 OOM 6 for open stream and batch 2 OOM 3 for interdepartmental stream for Mayo to stage 3 interview."

Be great to find out how many are in batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SkyBlue21

Does anyone know - is there a set number of OOMs per batch?

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is there any movement on kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Never. The size of any batch brought forward in any county will be based on the number of vacancies (actual and imminent) at the time. Let's say that, right now, there were 100 EO vacancies in Dublin and 2 in Leitrim. If you had a "fixed batch rule" where you had to call, say, 70 people in each batch, you'd still have vacancies to fill in Dublin that you could have filled from a bigger batch while, in Leitrim, you would have wasted the time of interviewers (and candidates!) interviewing dozens of people who, even if they pass, might never get near a job offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mrmoon

Any update on offaly/ westmeath panels please?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

As of December 2021 up to order of merit 49 from batch 2 were invited to interview (for Offaly).

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crustycat

Do they tell you it’s AGS? I’ve just been asked to do additional vetting but they never said which department. I’m just trying to work out where they are considering me for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

If it’s enhanced vetting most likely AGS. I queried and was told it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hey is this a two-year panel ? does anybody know what the closing date is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eo20202

Does anyone know much about the department of Justice? Is there remote working etc or any details about the Department. I have just been assigned and waiting to here more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kolten61

Does anyone know how long usually after Garda vetting comes back that you find out what department you are being considered? Garda vetting is still with the national vetting bureau but just looking for an idea of when I might know more about the department/start date/etc. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LMTaylor

That's the same batch and OOM they advised me that they had reached when I requested an update back at the beginning of November.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crustycat

So have I! I'm very curious. Congratulations. It seems like a pretty decent department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CompetitonCandidate

Hi everyone, does anyone have any updates on the Laois or Kildare panels?

How did everyone find the interview?

Is garda civilian shift work or is it office hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Office hours. Any shift work would be an allowanced position and advertised separately. Were you placed in Garda civilian?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VitreousLife

My Garda vetting came back & I found out within a couple of days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VitreousLife

I’ve been assigned Dept. Of Justice but waiting to hear where abouts..

Does anyone know how long from Dept. assignment it is to finding out your actual location?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Just wondering in case a new comp comes up..... do you need a degree/qualification to apply for Eo to be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

If you get recruited into AGS through this process, are you still a normal part of the wider Public Service with the same conditions and opportunities to go for jobs in other depts such as agriculture, social welfare , defence etc

I have it on my list for mobility and was debating whether to take it off hold or not. How sure are you on not doing shift work in the stations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Candidates must:

(i) have obtained a minimum Level 7 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications;

or

(ii) have obtained in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination a minimum of Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level in Mathematics and Irish or English, having obtained a minimum of Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) in at least five subjects at Higher level; or hold a qualification, that in the opinion of the Public Appointments Service, is of a standard in terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard;

or

(iii) have completed and passed all examinations in Year 1 of a three or four-year programme leading to a minimum Level 7 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications;

or

(vi) be serving as a Civil Servant with at least two years service and have obtained at least five subjects in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination (including Mathematics and Irish or English), three of which should be minimum Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) at Higher level, the others should be at a minimum Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level; or have passed an examination(s) which would be acceptable to the Public Appointments Service as being of at least an equivalent standard to the Established Leaving Certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn123!

They are currently on number 2322 OOM for the Dublin open stream and said they may run another testing session in a month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Does anyone have a link for practice tests?

Advertisement